Hermes - Extra Charges, but lost Item

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi BankFodder, I thought so too, but it came like that in the post, I will check with customer tomorrow, I know these people sometimes try to make it look overwhelming to the person receiving it. The last bit is the best, but I need to protect their privacy, if you know what I mean. The very small print on the last few pages of the T and Cs looks like something from 2013, I was not sure if they would be using the original completed form from the online application for sending the item. It bears no resemblance to it. Very odd I thought,,,, am sure you will spot it when you go through it. If it is from 2013 then they have not changed their terms and conditions since then, it's very small print so their may be something hidden in there. I believe there was a suggestion that the T & Cs had been changed

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to delete your attachments. Please can you post up the documents when you are sure that what you are posting is correct - without duplicates and properly arranged.

Thanks

There was a huge staple through the whole thing, so I removed staple, then carefully copied each page, both sides, one by one. Do you think the court could have got this mixed up. There are the 41 pages in the middle which are all numbered, which start after the Defence document. I cannot change the way it was stapled. It arrived like that. I was not reading when I copied it, it was only after that I began to think that it was a bit misleading,,,,,,, can we challenge the court office to put the papers in n order?

I expect that the error is from Hermes. They have probably used some standard defence - because I expect that they get a lot of these cases.

Whatever the situatin, there is clearly an error with the documents. We rely on the people we help to make sure that what we get, are a set of documents correctly scanned, collated etc. We give our help for free and we don't have the resources to provide secretarial assistance as well.

If we were charging £000s four our help we would do it for you and if you were paying £000s, you would probably be very keen to make sure that the file was correct before sending it to us in order to save money.

Maybe you should get your invisible friend to lend a hand as well.

Apologies for getting this wrong. I have re-done the defence, thoroughly checked by the person involved. The T&Cs were correct. I have also done the claim.

Please let me know if you need any further information, and thank you for all the help

Defence.pdf

The Claim.pdf

Terms and Conditions Hermes.pdf

Thank you.

I think there is not much to do now until you get notice that the case has been transferred to your local court.

Let us know when that happens and then we can decide whether or not we're going to make a reply to the defence.

Just to alert you, after the case is transferred you will get a notice of the hearing and you will be asked to pay a hearing fee.

It's not necessary to formulate a reply to the defence – but it can be useful in some instances. We will see.

I can imagine that there will be no chance that Hermes will put their hands up until they are sure that you want to go ahead which means that you will have to pay the hearing fee. After that, they may consider whether or not it is worth continuing or simply to pay you out.

Hi BankFodder, we looked at the form yesterday, it does not look too difficult. They are however asking for reasons to transfer the case locally. I would have thought that the whole idea is for the claimant to choose where. Advice would be appreciated here,,,

Thanks

Okay. I hadn't appreciated that there was an allocation questionnaire as well. I don't think you send me a copy of that – did you?

I suppose that it has got a section saying which court – give the name of your local court.

There will be a section where you can explain why you want it transferred there.

To this, you should put that because you are a private individual with limited resources and the defendant is a large powerful well resourced company with a formal legal department.

Let me see what you put before you send it off.

Where are Hermes based? And where is your local court?

Our registered office address is:

Hermes Parcelnet Ltd

Capitol House

1 Capitol Close

Morley

LS27 0WH

Thanks for this.

"Our registered ..." does this mean, steveod, that you are with Hermes?

HI, just waiting on the allocation questionnaire, yes Morley is correct, and our local court is in Dorset

How do you mean that5 you are waiting for it? Do you not have it?

Oh you mean that it is being fed out to us bit by bit by our invisible friend.

Hi BankFodder, we looked at the form yesterday, it does not look too difficult. They are however asking for reasons to transfer the case locally. I would have thought that the whole idea is for the claimant to choose where. Advice would be appreciated here,,,

Thanks

as they (the defendants) are not an individual, it rightly has (auto) gone to the claimant local court from the production centre (CPR rules). they (the def's) are now asking on the DQ for it to go to theirs?

as bankfodder says, you object (though it shldnt be transferred anyway). as they are not an individual.

IMO

:-):rant:

Hi again, here is the Directions Questionnaire. I always thought it was the claimant who had the choice of which court. I hope to get this gone very soon. This is a draft which can be changed,,,,,,,,,,,

Thank you again, and from the mystery friend

Directions Questionnaire.pdf

put that because you are

a private individual with limited resources and the defendant is a large powerful well resourced company with a formal legal department. You believe that in these circumstances it is in the interests of the justice that the case should be heard in your own home court

D2 is re expert evidence, not location.

as my post #93, it shld go to the claimants (as the def is not an individual) local court by CPR right.

where are they (the def't) requesting it to go to their local court.

IMO

:-):rant: