Hermes - Extra Charges, but lost Item

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

what do you mean ?

I didn't even contract with Hermes , I contracted with Debenhams. They use this courier. Disgusting. There is no evidence that anybody actually signed and received the parcel since it's all up to the courier where and when they so please to dispose the parcel. What's the point of leaving a delivery address and contact number if they are not going to use it anyway? If there is no sanction against this day light rubbery, why wouldn't they not to continue to act as such ? Honestly, if I were the driver, I might as well just keep the parcel myself and resale it, How knows ? If the signature is not from an authorised person, it doesn't matter who signs it. Might as well the driver himself. I checked the said address and it doesn't even look like inhabited. No sanction. Since it seems no obligation for them whatsoever to deliver the parcel to the right owner. This is just so wrong and somebody has to stop this.

Companies, such as poudland, are using this courier. Those who use Hermes should be made public as a warning. We can still shop in stores but when it comes to online shopping, people should be warned. This is the least we can do. It may achieve little but someone has to start somewhere. It is just so wrong and we shouldn't put up with this.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Companies like Debenhams use My Hermes and similar companies because they are cheap!

As a Debenhams customer it is not for you to chase My Hermes or any other courier company they use. Any problems with the courier company are for Debenhams to sort out and resolve. If they get enough complaints and have to replace/refund enough orders they will ditch My Hermes for someone else.

As Debenhams have offered to refund/replace they have accepted their responsibilities regarding the delivery. No doubt they will re-claim their costs themselves from My Hermes. If it is a lucrative contract for My Hermes they will cough up the compensation without a murmur.

The problems mostly with My Hermes and similar outfits are not with the corporate users but with private individuals who are given the run around when their items go missing. They do this with often impunity because so few stand up for themselves and fight them when things go wrong.

Aburobert. You are right and I can't agree with you more. I don't know should I say I am lucky because Debenhams will refund/ replace my order since I guess most people shop online would rather receiving thier goods on time instead of having to go through the trouble dealing with the no show. In my case I bought these items anticipating them as gifts for a special occasion so I don't really want a refund or a replacement which may comes too late. But still I have the basic protection so I am much luckier.But again, when a consumer contracts directly with teh retailor they can't chose teh courier, whereas those who contracted directly with My Hermes ddidn't have to use them so why ? They seemed to have such a bad reputation fo a long time so why private individuals still use them? I am totally agreed with you that the only way to deal with this unacceptable practice is to stand up together. So even I am in a better position than those who directly contracted with My Hermes I still want to do something to stop such bad practice. How can the consumer stand together and make our voices heard? I've lived in other countries, Germany, Denmark, China, New York and Taiwan and have been shopping online half of my life and I don't remember the courier being so rude and unprofessional over there ( and these countries are very differnt form each other ~~). So why we have to put up with the nonsense here? ( Once I ordered a mini-fridge =20 kilo, teh courier just brought it on his back to my 4th floor apartment which was without elevator, can you believe it? When he didn't took my old fridge with him which was required by teh local law for all 3C products I called the retailor and within one hour a new courier was arranged and took my old fridge. It was amazing how efficient and professional the whole E-commerce worked there. I don't know how they did though ) Type @ horribel parcel delivery by MyHermes @ on google and almost an endless list came up for as long as half a decade back with this company constantly occupying the buttom honour and it still exists. If I still make money by trashing customer's parcel I would certainly continue doing so.

Hi again

Thank you all for your thoughts and experiences. I think the third party now realises it would not have been so bad to go with the media on this one. However, he is at least willing to go to court, which I think may be a first.

Can one of you point me in the direction of the interest calculating spreadsheet, I seem to have lost mine as it was some time ago that I used it.

If it is in the Library, then can you tell me what to do to register as a user of the Library.

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

What is the response? A defence?

Then please scan the defence and upload it onto the forum so we can see

OK. It is just a formality at this point. The defence should arrive soon. Please upload it when you get it.

... unless they put their hands up.

Why should it matter what they see?

Hi BankFodder, will,do, but won't they know who it is if they watch the site. It does not look like they will put their hands up, and my guess is they are relying on their unfair terms and conditions, which is exactly what we want,,,,,

It is early days yet. Companies like My Hermes rarely defend as it is not worth their time and effort to try and defend the indefensible. They still hope you will back down and give up.

I would not worry if they did see this thread - they will simply see that you are serious and have the combined help of many experienced 'Caggers' on your side - whereas they will have to use a solicitor or turn up themselves at any hearing. How likely is that? Remember they probably get thousands of complaints to deal with - yours is one of many. A very large proportion give up at the first hurdle - you are now passed this so they will begin to treat you more seriously.

• 3 weeks later...

We are getting close to the return date for a defence on this.

I expect that some kind of defence will probably arrive, but in the event that the deadline expires, make sure that you apply for judgement immediately. You don't need to come to this forum to discuss it. Get your foot in the door the very moment that MoneyClaim allows you to ask the judgement.

You won't get the judgement immediately and it may take another 10 days, and of course if they manage to get their defence in before the judgement then the case will continue. However, you may as well do your best as quickly as possible.

If you do get a judgement, then immediately apply for a warrant of execution. Don't hang around. Don't notify them or warn them. Simply put the bailiffs in.

Please post it up in pdf.

Hi BankFodder

This Defence is 30 double sided pages, can I post to one of you?

Also they hay jumbled the chat email so they look as though they said that the person on the chat line did not say that they would get full compensation, they have obviously done this on purpose, as it reads date 1 chat, date 3 chat, then date 2 chat

Don't you have an electronic copy? You will not be able to mail it to us. You will have to get it scanned and then post it up on the forum in single file, multipage PDF format

I do not have an electronic copy, it came in the post. It's huge, but, if you are happy to,have this page by page, some of it could be left out, like how to wrap a parcel, ha ha. Think they have done it on purpose,,,,,,, thinking we shall give up

Not page by page.

Single file - multipage pdf please - the way that you would like to receive it yourself.

Thanks

Hi BankFodder,

This will take some time, have separated it into 3 parts, one of which I still need to scan, first two now and rest tomorrow.

There are pages 29 to 41 which I have to look through first.

Edited by BankFodder
Removal of incorrect documents

Looking at document - the Defence.pdf, it seems to me that the document is duplicated in that it contains 2 copies of the defence and 2 copies of an appendix.

Please can you check this.