What to do if you have no signal and the operator does nothing?

dj9928
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Need some advice here as I have ran out of ideas. I am 11 months into a 24 month contract with O2, About 2 months ago my signal at home has gone from being average to non existent.

I let this run for about a month until I contacted O2, the time I contacted O2 they happened to be doing work in my area, I explained this has been an on going thing not a 1 day event, they wouldn't listen and put it down to this work being done. I contacted them several times over a week and got the same reply. I then contacted the CEO, they called me straight away in fairness and said the same thing.

A few days later O2 send me a text saying work has been completed but I still had no signal I contacted the CEO again who said wait another 24hrs, so I did and still no signal so I contacted them again and they avoided me and its been like that since.

I lodged an official complaint and got an auto responder saying they would respond within 7 days, 7 days came and went no reply. I contacted customer services rather ****ed off at this stage, they transferred it to level 2 technical support who told me they would do an investigation and get back to me, of course they didn't so I contacted them again, they completed their investigation and told me I am in an area with very poor to no coverage, they told me there was nothing else they could do to help so sent me back to customer services to discuss my contract options, customer services said basically tough, signal is not guaranteed.

I lodged another complaint 7 days came and went no reply, contacted the CEO again and no reply so that's where I'm at now being avoided with no signal.

What do I do next?

Are you sure your emails are getting delivered? Why not tweet to them aswell :)

Yes as you get the auto responder. Yep I have tweeted them. They do reply until you give account details then silence.

Lodge your complaint with Ofcom now as I believe you can be released from your contract. The other option is to see if the operator does a phemtocell linked to your broadband.

Ah yes technical support offered me one of those at a price of £150.

Right another update on this. Network support contacted me today, after carrying out tests they said they are surprised I ever had signal to begin with. I was passed to customer support who said best they can do is wave the air time part of contact and I pay the price of the handset which is £200 remaining, I said I will return handset then they said no can do. Is this a good deal or not?

OK first of all

No more phone calls. You want everything in writing,

I would do a letter before action now to the ceos office

Refer to that deal offered by customer services

State that although a step in the right direction, it is insufficient to restore your trust in the brand after the expense of trying to get this resolved and of course the month or so you have paid for whilst receiving no service. State that when you took out the contract (and I am assuming they did) that they did a preliminary test to see if you could receive signal at your address.

Therefore, unless they are willing to release you from your contract Scott free, plus reimburse you for time spent without service *AND* allow you to keep or return the handset, you will issue a small claims action for breach of contract and that paying for a service that was delivered and then withdrawn unilaterally would be a unfair term and therefore unenforceable

Send registered post, keep proof of postage and delivery attached to a copy

Give them 14 days to respond positively or you will go ahead with the court action. (BUT only do this if you are willing to do so)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.