Wonga up to their old tricks?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all - me again!So I've requested a payment plan from wonga as I can't afford to pay in full on Friday (£600 - was desperate).The plan I've suggested is £100/month which I believe is reasonable and affordable.I emailed them yesterday morning asking to cancel the CPA, and with my suggested plan. They've responded that they can not set up payment plans via email and that I need to call them.I have replied that I do not wish to speak to them via phone and to reconsider my plan. I also asked them to confirm that they have cancelled the CPA.No response as of yet but shall complain to the FOS if they fail to assist me in this matter.

You can cancel the CPA with your bank yourself.

Whilst they don't wish to set up a payment plan via email, I wouldn't say that was unreasonable, but more likely for your security.

Write to them with your proposals and start a paper trail of evidence, I would email them that you have sent them your payment plan in the post, and in the meantime have cancelled the CPA, and have set up a standing order to pay the first of your payment plan.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You need to get the CPA cancelled asap as they will take their money on Friday regardless of what you have emailed them.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

i had the same problem a while back

they will talk you out of payment plan on the phone, talk down to you and generally try to make you feel bad about the situation

cancel CPA with your bank (although again- this can be hard work)

wait until they cant get their money

forward them every email you have already sent them

they will then have to help

they are most likely stalling you in the knowledge that they can sweep in and empty your bank account

They cannot force you to speak to them on the phone, as others have said send them a letter with your proposals, cancel the CPA with your bank IMMEDIATELY and set up a standing order with the first of your proposed payments.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Whos the bank? Cancel the card too and inform your bank of the CPA cancellation for the Loan.

Once you tell them, anytime they try to take payment, it should fail but, if it does go through then youll be able to take on the bank for not actioning your request,

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

easiest way is to order a replacement card which will have different details from your current card, tell the bank you lost it and they will cancel it immediately.

Game, set and match, katie. Balls in your court how you pay then!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

I too am loathed to advise ordering a new card, it won't be long before the banks make us pay for new pieces of plastic, surprised they've not already done it TBH.

Just cancel the CPA with your bank, otherwise you'll find it a damn sight harder to recover what money they take out of your account.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Sillygirl im afraid thats incorrect, with a CPA its the 16 digit card number, start and end date and 3 digit security code they use, NOT the account number.

If the OP orders a new card then the end date and CVV will change and no further payments can be made as wonga will have incorrect card details. New cards take about 5 days if not sooner to arrive.

Its far safer for the OP than to try reclaiming money back thru the bank if wonga take payments after its cancelled at the bank.

I know because ive been thru this with wonga and done it to stop them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Well I called TSB and requested that they cancel the CPA, they've refused as they say they can't cancel as it's not a reoccurring payment. Asked that a manager call me back as I am aware that they can cancel it if requested, I've been through this before with them.I've emailed wonga again requesting that they confirm that they have cancelled the CPA.

customercomplaints@wonga. com

tara.kneafsey@wonga.com

bill.flynn@wonga.com

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ring your branch and ask for a dedicated email address and send them the affixed letter (you need to check the exact Wonga name i.e. is it Ltd etc), ask them to confirm they have received the email

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Well the manager has called me back and said that they can't cancel the CPA. He's cancelled my debit card, even though I told him that this won't work but it's all they can do. They say it's not a CPA. I'm at my wits end. He did say that if they take the money, they'll put the funds back into my account. Not sure whether to believe him or not.

I've called them three times now and had a call back from the manager who still refused. I've emailed a copy of the letter asking to cancel and asked them to confirm that they have received it. I doubt that they will. Just have to pray that they can't empty my account in the morning

Terrible behaviour of the bank.

I'd certainly vote with my feet and close the account, Wonga WILL empty your account, make a formal complaint with the bank, and close your account.

I wish I could but my large overdraft prevents me from doing so. Should I phone wonga? If rather not but I'm getting no where. There's also a section on the account whereby you can try and arrange a payment plan but doubt it will cancel the cpa. I could try that?

Ring the bank again and ask them to confirm they have received the letter - you need to keep on at them this afternoon or Wonga will empty your account just after midnight tonight