EE Broadband Cancellation Penalty and DSR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Hope someone can help and I will be sure to come back and update once this is resolved!

6th November - I called EE to upgrade my mobile phone on the . Whilst on the call the rep offered Broadband, checked my current speed with Sky, claimed i was only getting 1mb etc and sold me BB at the same time. I obviously jumped at the chance of having up to 14mb speeds.

8th November - I received my mobile phone on the and email confirming BB was on it's way

12th November - another email confirming BB is on it's way and it would go live on the 19th Nov

16th November - received EE Bright box for BB

19th November - Broadband activated

The service is diabolical! They kept telling me over the phone that they need 10 days and the the service would be up and down during that time. It's never up, it's pretty unusable. I'm having to connect my mac to my phone to otherwise I websites don't load at all. After serveral tech calls and a weekend of no internet. I asked many times if they don't get this working can I cancel without penalty. I was told yes. I decided to cancel

23rd November - call to cancel. Told I have to pay £122 penalty charge under the Distance Selling rules. I said that I only went live 5 days ago and didn't receive equipment until 12 days later.

Is this how the Distance Selling Regs work? From date of call? Is there any way I can stop EE from taking the money from my bank as I think they will try.

Any help/advice much appreciated

Distance Selling Regs Recently changed. And yes they do need upto 10 days to analyse and test the line to allow a thorough and stable throughput speed.

You can complain to head office if you like.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

They conned you

Unless you go fibre

No one can make your coppeline go faser

Complain to the ceo

As for that bowlarks about DSR and it allowing them to charge you

Utter crap!!!

DSR was there to protect us not punish us

I doubt that they said

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So frustrating. I have issued a complaint but I don't understand why the service is so poor. I've had the previous Broadband provider for 10 years with not great speeds but it was usable. I can't even read emails with this, nothing loads. :shock: