Parking on a street in disabled slot showing blue badge and give a parking notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I need your advice I parked on a street where nobody shows the timer this is on disabled and non-disabled cars, I parked in a disabled slot and placed my blue badge, when I came back 20mins later from a dental appointment I was given a notice,

I have only had a blue badge a few months

CODE 40

"Parked in a designated disabled persons parking place without clearly displaying a valid disabled persons badge"

The images shown on the enforcement site showed 2 images taken at an angle so you could not see the dashboard or badge.

I questioned this with photo evidence they came back and said it was for not showing the timer, I questioned again that the notice said nothing about a timer.

They sent back more images showing the blue badge they had there was no mention of this in the first reply from them.

Where do I stand on this?

Does anybody know what the codes are for the parking notices, and is there one for not showing the timer? :???:

your help appreciated

Some disabled parking bays are time-limited and would need the clock displayed too.

The clock is not needed where the time-plate for the disabled bay has no time limit on it.

So it would depend on the wording of the time-plate.

What was the exact location?

Code 35 is for a parking disc which is different from a Blue Badge parking clock

code 40 should state

Parked in a designated disabled person’s parking place without

displaying a valid disabled person’s badge in the prescribed manner

is the underlined bit missing from the PCN?

Where a valid badge is displayed but the parking disc is absent it could also be argued that code 40 does not adequately inform the motorists of what it is they did wrong. An absent parking disc does not necessarily invalidate a badge or mean that you've not displayed the badge in the prescribed manner. Its absence just means you've failed to comply with what is fully required to be entitled to the exemption granted to badge holders. There is a "prescribed manner" for badges and it does not include the parking disc which has it's own prescribed display.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2000/682/regulation/12/made

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2000/683/regulation/4/made