Ceasation of Self Employed and New Job Tax Credits Update

LongHairedLily
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Ladies and Gents

Yesterday I started a new part time job and ceased with my Self Employed status. I filled out the HMRC for and received confirmation last night they had received it with a confirmation number. Now I tried to get through to HMRC today, after going through the gate keeping questions it requires me to have PAYE reference and payroll number. I don't have a payroll number yet till next week. Can I still give them all the other details they require omitting the payroll number giving them next week. I just wondered if the ceasation of Self Employed would stop my Working Tax element for next weeks payment on a Thursday. Is one section quick enough to inform the other. I am hoping my working tax will not stop or I will not be able to pay my rent on the second of November.

If you have reported for self assessment purposes that you have ceased self employment, this will not be passed to tax credits. It would be up to you to inform tax credits.

It's unclear from your post which department within HMRC you have notified.

You can update tax credits without the payroll number. You will need:

End date of self employment

Start date of employment

Working hours

Employer name

Employer address and/or PAYE ref

Estimated income for this tax year.

Whether your tax credit continues will depend on your working hours and re qualifying conditions for your circumstances.

Hi Blondbubbles

I informed HMRC online giving my unique code they give you once I was registered self employed. I cannot for the life tell you where that form for notifying them goes, all I got was an automated generated email confirmation from a server with a code on it saying it will be passed on and if I owe national insurance they will notify me. I suppose I just assumed HMRC per-say all spoke to one another.

On the subject of Tax Credit updates, it specifically asks for PAYE and payroll detail to hand before calling them, I have never heard of this before! I changed jobs in 2013 an they never asked for my employers PAYE then. The ringing up is a nightmare all the gate keeping questions etc. I am working 16 hours and the self emplyed was based on 16 hours.

They've always asked for this information (well at least for the last 9 years) however if you have enough of the other information it isn't needed.

The minimum information is what I posted above. As I mentioned, if you have the employers full address then the PAYE Ref wouldn't be needed. But one of them is needed in order to trace the employer.

The payroll number is requested but if you don't have it then it's fine.