What to do if a store breaks your mobile

fenixo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon everyone.

I have a particular story to tell:

In May I have had a problem with a Lg g2 and contacted the seller, which is a shop on Amazon. I was suggested by the seller to contact a local store for having the mobile repaired.

The mobile had a small problem to the headphone jack, the icon of the headphone was constantly on and I could not use the speaker.

I went to a local shop and they have kept the mobile for one day and repaired it. The day after I have taken the mobile and used for one day before going back to the store because one of the volume buttons was not working.

They have taken the mobile and after one week they have told me that the engineers could not turn the mobile on anymore.

After that moment I went to the store at least 10 15 times and after 120 days they keep asking me to go back and waiting. Today, 10/10 I advised them I was going to report them.

The mobile costed me one year earlier £310

The police told me that they do not deal with these issues and that I have to talk with a lawyer.

Should a citizen pay for having their win against these sellers?

This seller is the actual Shopping Palace in North End Road.

I will never go back anymore there. But what to do now?

Regards,

Fenixo

Fenixo - This is a simple one. If they have broken your device, your next option is either to seek advice with Citizens Advice or take them to court.

Where are you at right now with them?

You could send them a letter before action giving them 7 days to repair before you take legal action :)

However, you need to have proof ideally that they broke your device. Do you have the emails from the Amazon seller?

Also, why didnt you contact LG direct for the Warranty?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Basically the issue to the jack was given because of water damaged (so the repaired said).

When I gave the mobile to the local store, they have checked it and changed the part. After that the mobile was working. Once they have reopened it for fixing the volume button which was not working, I am sure they have done something wrong and are not able anymore to turn it on. yesterday they shown me the mobile opened in 2 parts and said that for water damaged telephones there is no warranty.

But the fact is that I given them a working phone and they have given me back a brick. Also, if you see a water damaged telephone you have to advise the customer if you, repairer, do not want to take any responsibilities.

By the way I have a record where one of the guys in the store says that they would have given me a new mobile in case they were not able to fix mine.

Is this not an evidence?