British Gas employees frequently at swank you hotel knees up!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is really winding me up.

Most mornings on my way to work I pass a "Mercure Hotel" on the outskirts of Leeds (formally the Parkway Hotel near Lawnswood/Bramhope).

Very frequently now I am seeing the car park almost full of British Gas vans. This isn't just a one off this is almost every time I pass by and early mornings indicating that they are probably having some kind of knees up followed by an overnight stay.

This is while people continue to struggle to pay their bills and god knows how many pensioners will perish again this winter.

This is not just happening at one hotel either. I also pass the Village Hotel at Weetwood near Headingley, Leeds.

It's disgusting that they are making such vast amount of profit and p'ing it up the wall while everyone struggles to make ends meet and when the price of a barrel of oil has halved but the bills haven't.

Oh and here they are sponsoring programmes on TV!

Redletter

'I believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair - I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires!'

i think you will find the spaces are rented for Training.

Britsh Gas have their training and engineering academy next door

Qualified gas engineers have to get their Gas ticket of competence every few years

The same happens in Oxford. British Gas use a Royal Mail mail centre car park for exactly the same thing

And they pay as well the training cost, it is about £2500 which includes accomodation out of their own pocket

It is amazing how quickly people jump to conclusions on first impressions

Edited by obiter dictum

• 4 weeks later...

As far as I'm aware the training centre is in Leeds LS12. I'm talking about the Mercure Parkway Hotel near Golden Acre Park between Adel & Bramhope.

Redletter

'I believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair - I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires!'