Land Registry First Tier Tribunal

lifesux
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

It's been a while!

I have a question for those who have been through this process.

Long story short, I'm involved in a case that's going to the above tribunal. Both sides have asked for it to be held locally, but the Tribunal have said that it will be held in London. We have asked them to reconsider as someone on our side suffers bad health. We haven't heard from them yet, but that's by the by.

My question is, if it does go to London, is it held in a court-type setup, or is it more like a conference room (all sitting round a table)?

I appreciate that if it is to be held locally, it depends on what's available.

Its happening at the end of the month..

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Luke

It doesn't make sense… especially if someone is ill… I was asked to go to London for an appeal hearing, but told them I have anxiety issue which make it impossible to travel on public transport, so they arranged for a telephone hearing instead… I would keep pushing for an answer. Good Luck!

I could be wrong, but I think the lands tribunal only sits in London. I don't think they have the facility to sit elsewhere in the country. If you can't get there in person and have anxiety issues perhaps it is time to get a solicitor?

You can't have the case heard in your local county court because the lands tribunal is not a court.

Tribunals are typically set out in a conference room type set-up. There are normally separate tables for each side.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I could be wrong, but I think the lands tribunal only sits in London. I don't think they have the facility to sit elsewhere in the country. If you can't get there in person and have anxiety issues perhaps it is time to get a solicitor?

You can't have the case heard in your local county court because the lands tribunal is not a court.

Tribunals are typically set out in a conference room type set-up. There are normally separate tables for each side.

My trial (adverse possession of land) was at the local CC…It was in front of a judge, when I was expecting an adjudicator…

How strange!!

Hi All,

It's been a while!

I have a question for those who have been through this process.

Long story short, I'm involved in a case that's going to the above tribunal. Both sides have asked for it to be held locally, but the Tribunal have said that it will be held in London. We have asked them to reconsider as someone on our side suffers bad health. We haven't heard from them yet, but that's by the by.

My question is, if it does go to London, is it held in a court-type setup, or is it more like a conference room (all sitting round a table)?

I appreciate that if it is to be held locally, it depends on what's available.

Its happening at the end of the month..

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Luke

Hi Luke… may I ask what the hearing relates to, please? Theda.

Hmmm… found this…

The County Court deals with civil (non-criminal) matters.

Unlike criminal cases – in which the state prosecutes an individual – civil court cases arise where an individual or a business believes their rights have been infringed.

Types of civil case dealt with in the County Court include:

Businesses trying to recover money they are owed;

Individuals seeking compensation for injuries;

Landowners seeking orders that will prevent trespass.

Civil matters, for example, pub licensing, can also be dealt with by magistrates. More complex cases or those involving large amounts of money will appear at the High Court; the vast majority of civil cases take place in the County Courts.

All County Court centres can deal with contract and tort (civil wrong) cases and recovery of land actions. Some hearing centres can also deal with bankruptcy and insolvency matters, as well as cases relating to wills and trusts (equity and contested probate actions) where the value of the trust, fund or estate does not exceed £30,000, matters under the Equality Act 2010, and actions which all parties agree to have heard in a county court (e.g. defamation cases).

Most County Court centres are assigned at least one circuit judge and one district judge, but judicial numbers will vary. Circuit judges generally hear cases worth over £15,000 or involving greater importance or complexity. They also hear many of the cases worth over £5,000 but not over £15,000.