CCTV rules

johnjordan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My neighbour and I are having problems with anti social behaviour from the school we live next to. We both appreciate that children will be naughty sometimes but due to the complete lack of supervision by the school during play periods they run riot.

The main problem is stone throwing into our gardens which has already resulted in two broken windows but the school deny it has anything to do with them.

My neighbour wants to install a CCTV camera at the bottom of his garden pointing directly at the play area but I am saying he cannot do this.

Is he correct in thinking he can do this please?

Hi,

I don't believe he can aim the camera in such a way as to capture images directly from the school grounds however, it may be allowable where the majority of his property is covered by the camera with just a small amount of the school grounds covered.

Personally, I would ask the local plod for more advice and whether they would be willing to install cameras for a short period.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I was in exactly the same situation just before school break,

but I caught the kids red handed while the teachers "supervising" them were busy doing everything except looking after the kids.

I have tried to get all authorities to look into why kids are left to do what they want instead of being supervised,

but so far I have only encountered a wall of covering up for each other (head teacher, council, governors etc.)

My advice to you is to invest a bit of your time, keep a step next to your fence and catch the kids.

At that point you'll be able at least to complain.

Not that they will do anything, but at least Ofsted will record it and they will bring it up at next inspection (so they say)

for those wanting the full story

the back ground is in this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?448878-School-making-house-worthless

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as for cameras

theres nothing stopping him from having a camera pointing that way

but I would air on the side of it being say halfway down the garden

so it is atleast filming the back fence shall we say

that should give footage of the stones coming over

and p'haps those that are throwing them.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Have a good read of this link from the ICO: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/cctv/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

ICO specific advice for private individuals who put CCTV cameras on their house

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/cctv/

If you did it you might find yourself on a charge of Voyeurism

Yikes! What goes on in the playground of your local school? Voyeurism requires someone to be secretly observing a 'private act', defined in law as an act in which "(a)the person’s genitals, buttocks or breasts are exposed or covered only with underwear, (b)the person is using a lavatory, or ©the person is doing a sexual act that is not of a kind ordinarily done in public." Which of those might be happening in OP's school playground?

Those images observing a school playground might include images looking into a school changing room overlooking the playground

Voyeurism also includes observing people in various stages of undress, not just sexual activity

Google ran into that problem when using Google street view and peoples houses

Those images observing a school playground might include images into a school changing room overlooking the playground

Google ran into that problem when using Google street view

What school has changing rooms that would allow someone outside the changing rooms to see naked children? I work in schools. I don't believe there is any such school in the country.

Changing room have windows that look out, do they not??

Some people just get a kick out of observing children just in a playground.

If you are of the opinion that is OK from a third party source to collate images without prior consent then we really are in trouble.

Photographing kids at school, inside or out without prior agreement is simply wrong on all levels

Changing room have windows that look out, do they not??

No. I have never heard of a school with windows that naked children can look out through.

If you are of the opinion that is OK from a third party source to collate images without prior consent then we really are in trouble.

I never said or implied anything remotely like that. Disagree with my definition of the law on Voyeurism if you want to but don't imply that I have opinions that I don't hold about subjects that I haven't mentioned.Thank you. My opinion is that I agree with the ICO's advice on the link I posted for the OP.