Vodafone Upgrade Mess

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I upgraded about a week ago as my upgrade date was 1st August and the plan ended 15th October. The first upgrade advisor said I had to pay an upgrade fee of £210 because ;

At the moment the only way you can decrease a price plan is at the point of upgrade, you aren't currently due an upgrade to 06/04/2016 so if you wanted to upgrade today there would be an upgrade fee involved

I didn't necessarily mind as I thought I must have got my dates mixed up and new my current phone would have paid that off.

The advisor discounted this down to £168.67 so I wasn't too annoyed with that.

The more I thought about it though, I felt I shouldn't have paid anything so I got back on to the chat and was told ;

What if I can try and waive the amount for you today?

Vinay: Would you consider keeping the contract if I can waive off the £125 plus the £43.67?

Obviously I thought that was quite a nice offer so I agreed to continue ( I had already paid £43.67 as they told me the bill couldn't have a charge higher than £125 added at one time?)

So, the upgrade arrives and all seems to be well....... until my bill arrives!

£138.94 charge! No idea where this figure comes from as it doesn't add up to what the chat advisors had even said.

Going onto the chat I have been told I have to pay this ; trying to return the device is a nightmare as I keep getting passed from pillar to post. Then other advisors are just simply saying

if you have been promised something you will get it for sure.

All well and good saying that but not when a bill of nearly £200 is on the line :mad2::mad2::mad2:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-APRIL-2015-**(2-Viewing)-nbsp

Ryan,

Follow the instructions in the link above - when you receive the reference number, pop back here and post it on your thread and the CAG Vodafone Rep will look in on you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D