debt recovery plus ncp parking 'fine'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please help.

i paid and displayed a valid ticket at an NCP car park in April 2015.

when i returned to the vehicle i had a parking ticket as the ticket i had displayed on leaving the car had fallen on the floor.

there was no sticky label so it was left on the dash board.

NCP were not interested in my appeal nor were POPLA both stating it was my responsibility to display.

i now have a letter from debt recovery plus threatening court action if i do not pay. what should i do

any advise will help

There is no fine and nothing to pay. its a speculative invoice. Can you post as much info as possible please. Dates etc.

Also, what did you appeal to popla? In either case, you may as well ignore for now, as the two companies wont listen to you. They will threaten you any way they can to extort money from you. You can send a letter saying there is no debt to the DCA, but i wouldnt bother. If they tried court ( rare with this outfit), you can use the GPEOL defence, landowner defence, or even signage.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

DRP are a DCA

a DCA IS NOT A BAILIFF

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi thanks for that. it was 17th april this year.

i appealed to NCP who were not interested and then to POPLA where i outlined what i had done and sent them a copy of the ticket.

i also suggested that as i parked right under a camera they should check the cctv and see that i purchased and displayed my ticket.

im being prosecuted for something out of my control as it slid off the dash whilst i was away from the vehicle

You arent being prosecuted. Get that idea out of your head now.

They are not in a position of authority in any sense of the word. They are two desperate companies threatening you to hand money over. You have a ticket, they know you do, which is why they are using a DCA ( which is really the parking company using another name), instead of going to court.

If they went to court, the judge would come down on them hard as you have a ticket.

Ignore their silly prattle. And dont you dare pay them anything. Theres no reason to whatsoever.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

you bought a ticket you've proof

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

NCP getting desperate it seems..... ignore them, you bought a ticket, you have proof, if they're that dumb to issue a summons (unlikely) then

they will look even more stupid than they do already!

There is no loss to anyone, you've paid to park, end of.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ignore them

You paid there is nothing to pay

If you get court papers shows how stupid they are

wasting there money chasing someone who paid

Therefore chasing the grand sum of zero!

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)