Policy Plan under Staveley head ltd has been cancelled - can they?

steven10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

As title stated, how can insurance company cancel policy for no reason or even false reason.

I had a motor transportation insurance which been cancelled by the insurance company with no reason giving and even without my knowledge,

Did read some thread over here claiming insurance company only require to sent a recorded letter regardless if received or not and regardless of the cancellation reason.

The cancellation has cost me so far £20000 refund for customer's booking. hire purchase, rent , mortgage, wages. and had to shut down my business totally as no any other insurance company are willing to offer me alternative insurance due to the crazy cancellation.

this is the first question i been asked by the other insurance company did you had any policy cancelled or void, obviously i have to say the truth and have nothing to hide, i do have a clean licence with 10 years no claim bonus.

when i did contact the insurance company ( the broker ) claim it is not them who cancelled it and i need to speak with staveley head, spoken with them they claim i have no space at my house address to sell cars or to keep my recovery trucks, but i am not trading from home,never said so, and they already has my industrial estate business address, then they change they word and says the industrial estate showing as Tesco site, then no it is a caravan site !!!

well there is a caravan site at the end of the industrial estate but has nothing to do with me, also Tesco is 2 miles away, however they asked for pictures of my unit and yard space around and i did sent them all pictures and even with video. the insdustrial unit has a large yard of 800 Sqm , then to the date no reply what so ever even after i sent 2 other email and recoded letter.

I am so close to be a bankrupt and have no idea what do it, it is been well over a month now and don't even have fund to pay for a solicitor as i have to keep my payment for the hire purchase vehicle , did make a complaint to the financial ombudsman however they claim i have to wait 8 weeks if no reply from the insurance company, thinking about taking a legal action myself, however there is no much information online about the real truth if the insurance company in UK have the right to cancel any insurance policy regardless of the reason or not.

any help will be much appreciated

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

You need to register formal written complaints with the head of the insurance company and the brokers, giving them all of the information. They obviously believe that wrong information about the risk has been provided or the business has changed, which you have not disclosed to them. Given the situation, if they don't resolve it quickly, you should see a Solicitor and look to take it further. The FOS might take ages and there are limits on what they would award if your complaint was upheld.

The FOS do allow 8 weeks fir companies to resolve first. Even courts would not get involved quickly, unless you applied for some urgent application ( see a Solicitor )

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Guest Aviva Support

Hi steven10,

I'm sorry to read of the situation you're in and would like to try and help if your policy was with Aviva. If you haven't raised this as a complaint with our Customer Care team, I can do this for you if you're happy to send the details across to me at social@aviva.co.uk

If you could look to include your full name, date of birth, post code and old policy number, along with any details you feel are relevant, I will link in with the correct team to investigate this for you. If you could also include your CAG username in your email, that would be great (just so we can link it to this post).

If you have already raised this with the Customer Care team, please feel free to send over your personal details (for data protection) via email and I will chase this with the relevant handler.

Thanks in advance,

Nicki

Aviva Online Team

Hello there.

I just wanted to check that your query is about Aviva please, as you haven't specifically mentioned them? The forum guys should be along later with advice for you.

HB

Hi, Thanks for your reply, the company called Policy Plan under Staveley head ltd. did i post the thread in the wrong category, i was following the insurance category, sorry if i misplaced my thread, can it be moved, Cheers

Hi, Thanks for your reply, i did sent a complaint to the broker and the insurance company, also got the citizen advice bureau involve and spoke to them, last month, they have asked for pictures and did sent them pictures and even video to my unit and yard at the industrial estate, ever since no reply what so ever, the solicitor asked for £2000 which i don't currently have as i had to pay back all booking plus compensation to some,plus wages, rent,mortgage, hire purchase, in fact i am now totally broke and don't even have any fund to pay for the unit rent or the hire purchase.trying to sell some of the motors now but been the summer holiday it's even worst with no or very little interest, hopefully can sell something soon before it's too late, Thanks

Hi, thanks for your consideration and reply, the company called staveley head ltd or policy plan is that part of aviva, sorry if i post the thread on the wrong category, still can't find enough information online for my question. does insurance company have the legal right to cancel any policy at any time regardless.hope you can help me out and point me to the right direction or even where can i check the insurance law. Many Thanks

thread retitled and moved to insurance forum.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello again, thank you for the information. I'll move you out of the Aviva one and into the main insurance forum, with a link to follow.

I'm a bit confused about the relationship here. Staveley Head are brokers and Policy Plan is their appointed representative, so not an insurance company although they sound a bit like one. Are you insured with an insurance company please?

Hopefully Uncle Bulgaria or another of the regulars will see your thread and be able to shed some light on this.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi,Many thanks for your help, the broker called fresh insurance, the cancellation letter from policy plan which is a trading name to Stevely Head , currently i have no motor trade insurance and had to take standard insurance to cover my own vehicle and the hire purchase one, the other recovery truck are not insured at all, Thanks

I'm confused with all these broker names. I thought they were intermediaries who placed business with insurance companies. Hopefully someone in the know will be able to explain.

HB

Just checking the cover note again, the head of the cover note and also the cancellation letter both state Policy Plan however the signed part for the insurance certificate by both Policy Plan and Enterprise Insurance Plc , Thanks

That's helpful, thank you. Is it Enterprise in Swansea rather than Gibraltar please?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get information to help the insurance guys here advise you.

HB

Hi, i think the main or the head office in Spain not in uk, here is all details at the cover note,

This insurance is arranged and administered by PolicyPlan (a trading style of Staveley Head Limited). Registered in England and Wales No. 2802585.

Registered office Staveley House, Church Street, Connah's Quay, CH5 4AS. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Underwritten by Enterprise Insurance Company plc, R22-R24 Ragged Staff Wharf, Queensway Quay, Gibraltar.

Licensed and regulated by the Financial Services Commission, Gibraltar

Sounds like Staveley Head ltd have a policy underwritten via a Gibraltar registered Insurers. You need to find out who is the managing director of Staveley and get a complaint registered.

You need to get to the bottom of what information they have which contradicts what you told them and led to the cancellation.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Sounds like Staveley Head ltd have a policy underwritten via a Gibraltar registered Insurers. You need to find out who is the managing director of Staveley and get a complaint registered.

You need to get to the bottom of what information they have which contradicts what you told them and led to the cancellation.

Thanks

So far i received no respond from the form to my question, can insurance company cancel any insurance policy any time for any reason, is that legal or illegal.

this is the main question i have placed where i received no reply at all, intead i been asked what the isnurance company name and who's broker.

has any one got an answer please so i can find out where i stand, i can't find any information online in regards to the legal requirement for any isnurance company to cancel a policy

Thanks

HI All

hope someone can answer my stright forward question and point me out to any link in regards to the legal requirement for motor insurance policy cancellation by the insurance company.

CAN ISNURANCE COMPANY CANCEL MOTOR INSURANCE POLICY LEGALY ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON REGARDLESS. IS THAT LEGAL AND THEY DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO SO.

Edited by steven10
edite title

Hello again.

I've merged your threads about Staveley Head and Enterprise. Sometimes insurance companies can cancel policies, but it depends on things like their policy conditions and what's happened.

In post #14, Uncle Bulgaria suggested what you should do and find out. It's only by having information and understanding why the company/broker have done what they did that you can argue and tell them they're wrong. The reason we've asked questions is to find out who is responsible for what happened.

Have you complained to Staveley Head please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello again.

I've merged your threads about Staveley Head and Enterprise. Sometimes insurance companies can cancel policies, but it depends on things like their policy conditions and what's happened.

In post #14, Uncle Bulgaria suggested what you should do and find out. It's only by having information and understanding why the company/broker have done what they did that you can argue and tell them they're wrong. The reason we've asked questions is to find out who is responsible for what happened.

Have you complained to Staveley Head please?

HB

Sorry i had enough over here. Seriously this is so frustrating and annoying please close this thread

all the information and reasons why they have canceled the policy and my complaint to all parties includes the financial ombudsman already listed in my first post, instead i am getting the exact same questions without a single reply or any useful information which is more annoying instead of getting help and answers i am getting questions and nothing apart from questions which doesn't help either .

i am looking for legal information if i should raise a court action and where i stand legally, there is no any answer to my question. i have already stated the reason previously.

I am giving up over here

Yes they can cancel for any reason, giving 7 days notice in writing.

It looks like Staveley are the ones who had reason to cancel. You need to find out why.