npower? i dont know what to do.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have not been on CAG for a while but I am very angry with N Power, I did a price comparison as my deal with British Gas was coming to an end. N Power looked as if they were going to save me £90 a month. I have been with them for 4 weeks and they now say they are going to increase my direct debit by £40 a month from September. Can they do this I am now going to be £10 a month worse off than if I had stayed with British Gas

You don't have to accept an increase in your DD. Simply refuse and stick by your guns. They don't like it and they put a lot of pressure on you but stand firm.

Read our customer services guide before you deal with them.

However, if there is any chance that you are using that much energy, then having a larger DD will help to ensure that you are in credit rather than in debit by the end of the winter.

Increasing your DD id not the same as paying more.

However, be careful when you deal with Npower. They are not to be trusted and you should watch your back by implementing the advice in our customer services guide

If you're not locked into a deal with Npower, I'd recommend switching away from them at the first opportunity.

From first-hand experience they treat their customers like crap. They are not worth the stress and misery they inflict.

Ebico are pretty good if your a low-energy user (no standing charges).

• Confused 1