Talktalk**Resolved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My phone line became very noisey and it was very difficult to hear any conversation. Also my internet kept dropping out. I reported this to talktalk and carried out their equipment checks. I used my friends phone on the line, still the same problem. I used a spare router etc still the same problem. Just to be sure I took my equipment to my relatives house were it all worked fine. Talktalk booked an engineer to come. The outreach engineer came checked the internal wiring which was fine. He then went outside to check the external line which snapped when he touched it! He replaced the line and all my phone and internet faults went away. I have just received a bill from talktalk for £65.00 for an engineer call out. They said it was an unnecessary call out as the engineers report stated that there was no fault! I said why did he replace the line then? They replyed for quality reasons!!! I stated it was such poor condition it snapped in his hand. I then said I still have sixteen feet of it dangling from my house would they like a sample. I have now gone through two or three levels of complaint! I have emailed the CEO, who as replied promising to investigate but I appear to be going nowhere, surely I cannot be made responsible for an external line fault?

Hi and welcome to CAG

If your complaint has gone over the 8 weeks they have to resolve then I would take it to the Ombudsman

http://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html

Have you raises this on the Talk Talk forums?

Just added a twitter link as well so it should be seen.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you but I am fed up with taking to them it would appear that the outreach engineer did not give full details in his report. It would appear they are charging talktalk for basic line maintance and talktalk are passing the bill on to the customer. I have been a talktalk customer for many years and I am disgusted that they refuse to admit that there was an external fault.

Update just had a nice chat to a manager from the CEOs office who listened to all my points. He promised to investigate the matter. I feel that I have now been listened too. He did not insist that there was no fault nor did he state that under the terms and conditions I should pay for the call out! He actually listened.

Either that was a coincidence or someone has been watching us or the twitter feed.

Let's hope that actions follow listening

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Silverfox I will give updates on any progress. My point is that going through there complaint line involved them telling me about terms and conditions or that there was no fault. It would appear that the outreach report was at fault! Can I now complain to outreach? And if so how do I do it because I rent the line off talktalk so in reality I am not the customer, talktalk is!

This guy is the boss of BT who also control BT Openreach

gavin.e.patterson@bt.com

The problem with Openreach is that it seems they are untouchable so the only way I can think of is going through Talk Talk and let them complain to Openreach.

You could try the email above but I suspect that they will just direct you back to TT.

rock and hard place come to mind. :|

Thanks Silverfox Have not been on the site for a while due to illness. Could not remember my username or password so opened up in a new name(please delete Silverbullet as I have now found my old book of codes).

CEOs Manager rang this morning. He as found in my favour and my money is to be returned!!!It is only 48 hours since I emailed the CEO. To tell you the truth I am astonished that things have moved so fast. There is more to the story which I cannot print.

Cool. I won't do anything with this thread until you have everything sorted.

I won't delete the new ID, just stop using it.

Everything sorted...Many thanks..Money back in bank. Just as a matter of interest talktalk would be very interested in hearing from anyone who as had the same problem as myself.

Excellent news. I will mark this thread as resolved.

As Talk Talk are interested in helping others, why not give them the CAG link. It can do no harm.