Letter from employer to try and avoid/lessen speeding ban

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was caught speeding a few weeks back, 106mph on a motorway. Going to court at the end of the month. I had no excuses or mitigating circumstances, I'm planning to hold my hands up and apologise, be humble etc....

My job involves driving to many different sites all around the country. I take lots of equipment so can't really get public transport. I plan to take a letter from my employer which says words to this effect. I basically want to get across that any disqualification will affect me (fair enough) but also affect my company, colleagues etc....

What should the format of this letter be? Who should it be addressed to, what sort of content etc....?

Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome to CAG

Hopefully the 'experts' will see this as my knowledge is quite limited.

As far as I am aware, they don't automatically ban if you can supply reasonable mitigating circumstances but if they do then it could be from 7 to 56 days and 6 points on your licence. If you have been done for speeding before then a ban is far more likely, especially if you have 6 or more points already. A letter from your employer stating how valuable you are to the company may help but it's a case of suck it and see.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for your reply.

Yea it's a first offence and I've got a fairly well thought out 'speech' that might slightly lessen the blow!

I was just wondering on the specifics of this letter really, not sure whether it should just be a few sentences saying the bare facts or a little more elaborate, like how they're going to deal with me at work (disciplinaries etc...).

One important fact I forgot to mention here is that I fully accept that my speeding was wholly unacceptable, and I apologise if I endangered any of you guys that are reading this. That's not a rehearsal, I am actually sorry!

Hi and welcome to CAG

Hopefully the 'experts' will see this as my knowledge is quite limited.

As far as I am aware, they don't automatically ban if you can supply reasonable mitigating circumstances but if they do then it could be from 7 to 56 days and 6 points on your licence. If you have been done for speeding before then a ban is far more likely, especially if you have 6 or more points already. A letter from your employer stating how valuable you are to the company may help but it's a case of suck it and see.

A ban OR points but not both.

A ban OR points but not both.

Well I did say my knowledge was limited :-)

Thanks for the clarification.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Im going to split hairs here.

POINTS can lead to a BAN

Although in this case the OP is a first offence (for speeding) if OP has other offences that have caused points then points being igven instead of a ban could lead to a ban

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

The following may be useful :

http://www.drivingban.co.uk/drivingban/speedingoffences/drivingbanspeedingoffences.htm

Not that I condone speeding - I don't.

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres