Kapama

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all .... Quick(ish) question ..... Original debt with minicredit in 2013 passed to opos - usual story escalated from £400 to almost £1800!!

Several emails with a Vicky Johnston up until September 2013 then all went quiet. I sent several emails requesting a response in 2014 but nothing and then obviously in December 2014 all changed and minicredit and opos ceased trading. I has been trying to agree a settlement figure but all my attempts were refused and then I stopped getting any replies. Last statement of account stood as the following:

Loan reference: xxxxxx

Date issued: 10/12/2012

Due date: 03/01/2013

Loan principal £400.00

Interest £576.00

Overdue charges £80.00

Debt Recovery fee £100.00

Attempt fees (£5 per attempt) £640.00

Total balance £1,796.00

Payments received

08/02/2013 £20.00

Total repaid: £20.00

Current outstanding: £1,776.00

Amended balance £1052.00

I was horrified to note a default registered on noddle this April by Kapama for the £1052 - I had heard that they were sold a number of debts however I had not received ANY communication from opos or kapama... Certainly no notice of default.

What can I do? I have no contact details for kapama and am reluctant to talk to them before I am armed with some information about my rights!

Any advice great fully received ... Thank you!

M

kapama pulled the same stunt with me even though I had repaid opos before minicredit went out of business. I would lodge formal complaint with FOS about your minicredit account citing irresponsible lending - they are upholding nearly all minicredit complaints as minicredit cannot provide any information to support their charges. It is most likely that you will get all charges removed apart from original loan amount plus 1 month interest

I would then go back to kapama with a complaint stating the loan they are defaulting was irresponsibly lent - that is why I did and they have removed it

Virtually all of those charges can be discounted, the attempt fees in particular are appalling and show the company has no scruples. The Atttempt fees alone in this case are more than the original loan and interest and could be deemed as unjust enrichment.

Follow acid53's advice and complain to all parties, but complain to Kapama first, give them 8 weeks to sort it out then go to the FOS - if you go to the FOS first they will only tell you to go to Kapama first.

Hi all - brilliant thank you I will take your advice and see how it goes. I'm confident that I can get the extraordinary fees removed and of course I will happily make arrangements to pay the original loan amount, my biggest concern is getting the default removed. Fingers crossed!