style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi CAG

I hope you can offer me some advice .... I rented a property out to tenants only put it in the hands of an sent to look after the obvious, after 9 months I have terminated my contract with the agents, 3 months prior to the initial 12 months as it has become an unworkable relationship between me and the agent and more to the fact the tenant has requested numerous issues to be re citified, not all internal issues, only finance issues which has led into my guaranteed rent not ever being paid on time , no explanation why etc and me carrring out minor issues with the property.

Now because I have cancelled early they are threatening me with court action for an outstanding months rental , they have communicated this via e mail .

Never once, even though they say/state they have written to me regarding the tenants issues and communications to them, not one has ever been received???

The agents have only ever communicated via e mail and , at their own admission, to an incorrect e mail address.

How do I prevent this going to court ? What CPR do I require to get the full file for phone conversations, all edged letters e mails etc as it is quite clear from my tenants they have not done their job satisfactory

Regards

AG

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

This seems to be a commercial matter, not a consumer one.

I suggest you refer to the original contract with them which will outline the rights and obligations of each party. If one has breached the terms then you have a right to end the contract

or take action.

Specific legal advice may well be required.

'Guaranteed rent' suggests the agents are OPs Tenant. not the agents' occupiers. If OP feels a [problem] is being perpetrated, he should involve local TS. Almost certainly a commercial, not residential let. If you cancel a Contract early, best to .check your liability under T&Cs first. CPR not applicable, just make a PAR under FOIA?

go through your contract with the agents and note where they have not fulfilled their side of the agreement or performed poorly!

Write to them pointing these areas out and this is why you are terminating the contract, which you are entitled to do.

Hopefully they will see that and not worth continuing, however they would still have the right to take you to court but you have a valid defence.

Andyglover63, there is a property ombudsman who deals with complaints against letting agents:http://www.tpos.co.uk/index.phpThe letting agent needs to be part of the scheme though.

See post Tenancy Fee Troubles and the link to Shelter's information about letting agent redress schemes.

Andyglover63, there is a property ombudsman who deals with complaints against letting agents:http://www.tpos.co.uk/index.phpThe letting agent needs to be part of the scheme though.

See post Tenancy Fee Troubles and the link to Shelter's information about letting agent redress schemes.

Link not found

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group