NPower / Pastdue Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an outstanding bill with Power that I had honestly forgotten about when I switched my gas/elec supplier.

The total amount due is about £500.

Pastdue have been in contact about the amount and have added about £60 "Administration Fee".

Can they do this?

I don't mind paying the bill, but I would be a bit peeved if I have to pay another £60 in admin charges.

I suppose I could just go directly to NPower and pay them, missing out the middle man?

Whatever situation about the debt collection charge, you should take steps as quickly as possible to settle the amount that you admit.

The best thing to do will be to settle this directly with npower. Do not send them any notes such as – full and final settlement et cetera et cetera.

Just send them the money recorded delivery and just say that this is in respect of the outstanding bill dated blah blah blah.

It is reasonable for companies to levy some kind of administration charge where they have been put to extra trouble to secure the payment of an outstanding debt. The problem is that most of the time, these charges are excessive.

I wonder what the DCA has done to justify their £60 administration charge?

Whatever, settle the bill immediately directly with npower and then take it from there.

Be aware that npower might try to play silly buggers and refused to accept the money and say that you have to pay it to the DCA.

They are not entitled to do this.

Hi

You could ring Npower so long as you record the call. Customer and service are two things Npower are not known for.

You could email them. If you have their bank details, you could do a bank transfer. Just make sure the reference number is correct.

As for the DCA. If they have added the £60 then demand a full breakdown of the costs. the same applies if Npower have added the fee.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE