Parking ticket recieved for Contravention 27

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am hoping someone, anyone can please give me the answer to my question. I have recieved a parking ticket by the LA for contravention 27, parking adjacent to a lowered footway. The ticket said I had done this in a controlled parking zone but the area I parked was a council estate and has two 'zone ENDS' signs on entering. I thought 'zone ENDS' means it is not a controlleed parking area. Have I got this wrong? Is the ticket valid or should I appeal?

I thought parking across a dropped kerb was automatically a fine? Regardless of what zone.

If nothing else, I would have expected a scratch or two along your car by the disabled person unable to get off the kerb. Pathetic parking in my eyes as that is the only way some wheel chair users and some elderly folk can get of a kerb. Just my opinion.

Thank you for your reply but I didn't really come on here to be judged. We all make mistakes and I had only parked in this manner as there were no other spaces around and I was desperate for the bathroom. Anyway, I'm sure you're one of those perfect people who have never made an error of judgement in their lives. I'm sure if you were in my position you would have chosen to p***s in your pants, rather than slightly inconvenience a disabled/elderley person. Hope you have a good evening.

Guys n Girls

Please remember we are here to make sure people are aware of their rights.

Whilst I can understand the frustration that may arise from this particular issue, please remain civilized.

We are here to advise on procedure, not judge the OP.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

We all have our bad days :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hello honeybee13

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the ticket said contravention 27, parked adjacent to a lowered footpath in a controlled parking zone.

I think it's more likely that it says special enforcement area, which is nothing to to do with a CPZ

As I understand, the local authority can only issue PCNs inside a CPZ. Outside of that, it falls to the police. Someone correct me if that is wrong.

Could you give the exact location, so we can look on Google Maps.

As I understand, the local authority can only issue PCNs inside a CPZ. Outside of that, it falls to the police. Someone correct me if that is wrong.

Could you give the exact location, so we can look on Google Maps.

Yes you are wrong, which isn't like you, are you having a bad day lol? You are getting Controlled parking zones confused with special enforcement areas, civil enforcement areas and special parking areas (essentially the same thing depending on the regulations used). A CPZ is an area of controlled parking where all parking is controlled by some sort of restriction and can be enforced by either the Council or the Police depending on who has the designated authority to do so. The SEAs, CEAs and SPAs are enforced by the local authority.