EDF/LCS - Chased for debt I don't owe

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I moved in on February 12th 2015. I received a letter relating to a debt of some £40 for electricity for 27/1 - 8/2/2015. My dad emailed them my tenancy agreement which clearly stated that I moved in after this date. They emailed dad back and pretty much accepted this as proof that this debt isn't mine and the matter is resolved.

I received another letter over this and returned the letter. I put on the letter "not known at this address. please return to sender". That was March / April.

I heard nothing and assumed the matter was resolved. I've now received a letter from LCS over this.

I am not sure what to do now. EDF have a copy of my tenancy agreement, which clearly states I moved in after the date of the electricity debt.

Advice please?

You need to complain to EDF, as otherwise this will just drag on for years. You also need to check your credit record, just in case this has been recorded.

If it were me, I would phone or email EDF complaints and question why they are chasing a debt they previously said was not owed.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to EDF/LCS - Chased for debt I don't owe