Parking charge notice - Civil Enforcement Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a Parking Charge Notice in red stamped 'final reminder'.

It's for £100. Incident date 14/4/15 but no details about where I parked.

I haven't had an initial letter or any other reminders - this is the first I've heard of it.

It's from 'Civil enforcement ltd'

It says the above charge has not been paid, it is now too late to pay the lower rate - whatever that was?

Has anyone else any experience of or can help with this?

I can scan and post the letter if that's any help?

Thanks,

John

Hello John.

The forum guys should be along later with advice for you. In the meantime, I've changed the title of your thread to show which company we're dealing with. I don't know if the guys need to see the letter, they'll tell you, but if you do scan it up, please use something like Paint to obscure your personal details and any reference numbers.

Here's a link to the forum stikky with the abbreviations that the guys will probably use on your thread.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi

I take it this was not a windscreen ticket. By the dates posted above, you are still within the timescales to appeal to CEL so IMO that is what I would do. It is highly likely they will reject your appeal but in that case, they should give you a POPLA code to take it to the 'independant' appeals service.

Even if you lost that appeal, CEL would still have to initiate court action to get you to pay but from previous threads, they tend not turn up.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you for your response, you're right it wasn't a windscreen ticket it came through the post.

It seems very excessive £100 for a one hour overstay, and I don't think I overstayed at all.

Can the recording equipment be faulty?

I've attached the notice (I think), which says 'Final reminder' but I didn't get any other communication

prior to this.

Can you upload that in PDF format please?

Doesn't matter if the eqpt was faulty, you won't be paying it if you follow the advice on here.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The attachment is a little small to read. Can you convert it to a pdf please.

I wonder if this is a new tactic by CEL or just a letter went missing. I know where my money would be :|

In your appeal, never name the driver (even if it was you). Always say 'The driver'

You could dispute the timings

Inadequate signage?

No contract?

GPEoL (genuine pre estimate of loss)

Highly unlikely they will accept your appeal. Would you turn down the possible profit?

Once they have rejected you, they give you a POPLA code to take it to the independent appeal body which is where you challenge every point you can.

As mentioned earlier, there have been many cases where CEL have instigated court action but failed to turn up resulting in the case being thrown out.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Hi.

Just reading through this thread.

If l was you quickly remove the PDF attachment as we can still see your personnal details through the marker pen ink . Use paint shop to hide your details.

Hello Plumberjohn.

I've removed the attachment in order to protect your ID. Thank you for spotting that, Jimbob. :)

HB

I have unapproved the pdf. Hopefully it shouldn't be visible now.

like silverfox1961 says "As mentioned earlier, there have been many cases where CEL have instigated court action but failed to turn up resulting in the case being thrown out"...........a bus driver friend of mine challenged CEL at nottingham County court.They never turned up but he did, so he got a default win and claimed £90.00 from CEL.Guess what? yep, they paid up.

like silverfox1961 says "As mentioned earlier, there have been many cases where CEL have instigated court action but failed to turn up resulting in the case being thrown out"...........a bus driver friend of mine challenged CEL at nottingham County court.They never turned up but he did, so he got a default win and claimed £90.00 from CEL.Guess what? yep, they paid up.

That must have been a happy moment!!

tell us a bit about the sequesnce of events, where the alleged breach of contract took place and who owned the land as CEL dont have many contracts in place as they keep losing them as they are crooks.

Thank you. The land is in Sunderland in Cowan road, I parked and paid for 3 hours, I'm pretty sure I left well inside that time as the job I was doing simply doesn't take that long. The park is operated by 'Starparks' and you pay by phone. The next thing I know is a 'Final reminder'.

There is even a case on the Pranksters site where they did (eventually) turn up and it still cost them :-D

So, date of incident 14.4.15,

pcn issue date 27.4.15,

allowing 2 days for post means the earliest you could have received what I take to be the NTK

would be 29.4.15 which is 1 day late to be compliant with POFA,

I'm no expert but I'd say they're stuffed.

they have 12 days after the date of the event to issue and 2 days for service so if you got is after the 29th as said it is too late. In reality they wont have posted it in time if they printed the letter out on the 27th so no surprise it arrived a day late. Keep the envelope if you still have it though.

I also wonder about who has the contract as Ashley Cohen has a habit of confusing the companies he runs and bills you from one when the contract is with another. However, as there is no link between the 2 reported to Companies House ther can be no way they can argue such a link in court, another reason why they dont turn up as it is a criminal offence not to inform CH of the proper ownership and business relationships of the 2 companies.