Changing Telecom Suppliers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - I wanted to change my telephone calls back to BT but the company I am with now are telling me I have to pay a £195 cancellation fee to cover their losses, costs and expenses. Please can you tell me if they can legally do this even if I give the correct amount of notice. Thank you.

Hi

If you are still within the contract period then yes, they can claim some costs from you. If not then no they can't

Please give us more info including the name of the company

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi - I wanted to change my telephone calls back to BT but the company I am with now are telling me I have to pay a £195 cancellation fee to cover their losses, costs and expenses. Please can you tell me if they can legally do this even if I give the correct amount of notice. Thank you.

Yes, maybe, and no : depending on a number of factors.

It depends on their terms and conditions in the contract you have with them, and if those T's & C's are legally enforceable. For example, they might be enforceable if you have contracted as a business, but not if contracted as a consumer.

So, what do the T's & C's say?. Did you contract as a business or as a consumer?

Without more info it'd be hard for someone to give you a reliable answer ; it'd be just guesswork.

Edited to add: and silverfox has made a valid point: there may be a minimum contract term as well as a notice period.

Hi - thanks for helping. It was a business contract and the T's & C's do say there will be a charge. The company is Premier Calls who obviosuly want us to stay with them as they have called a few times. Its still worth us changing back to BT though even with the charge so might just have to pay it.