Universal Credit and families: questions and answers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Universal Credit and families: questions and answers from a document issued in February 2015..

If you are a family and maybe wanting to claim Universal Credit (UC) you could find many of your questions answered in the attachment, this was gathered from here

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/universal-credit-and-families-questions-and-answers

One of the questions asked is

"Q. Will I/we both have to look for work?

"A" When you make a Universal Credit claim and have children, you will need to nominate a lead carer.

What is expected of the lead carer in return for getting Universal Credit will be based on the age of the youngest child in the house, as well as other circumstances.

If you are a lone parent, you will automatically be the lead carer".

The answer is on pages 6-7 and so on. Again many links to follow so you can get all the required information to assist you and your claim.

Child care questions can be seen as well, due to the new Tax free Child Care see (TfCC) Q2 page 9 and so on I hope this can assist those looking to ask about UC and TfCC later this year. For more information on the Childcare Payments Act see here http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2014/28/contents/enacted

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.