Npower – contact your member of Parliament

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

One of the people that we are helping here on this forum wrote a letter to their member of Parliament about the problems they were having with npower.

Understandably, the recent election caused a delay in the response. However, remarkably quickly after the member of Parliament was returned, an excellent response was received offering to make representations and asking for further information.

We think that this could be a very good move forward. It is a very simple matter to write to your member of Parliament and if people were prepared to let us know that they have written and also to publish the responses here, we could take steps to flag up to each member of Parliament which of their colleagues were also concerned about npower's shenanigans.

I think that it would only take a few members of Parliament to realise that they were not alone and they would publish set up some correspondence or even a meeting and then the matter of npower might be raised in the House.

If you have a problem with npower then I would suggest that you write your member of Parliament and use this thread to tell us about it.

I would suggest that you update your own thread with the letter that you have written and also with the response you get.

I would also ask people to post the letter in this thread as well along with the response so that we have them all in one place.

The Consumer Action Group will then be pleased to act on all of your behalf's flagging up the issue to all the various members of Parliament – and also maybe to the national media as well, who I am sure will be extremely interested.

We do not believe that asking for help from a member of Parliament should be used as an alternative to legal action.

If a member of Parliament makes representations, it will not obtain any compensation for you.

You should begin your legal action as well and maintain it all the way through.

• 3 weeks later...