Sky Phone, Internet & TV Offer Fail

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I signed up to sky in Dec 2014, and was offered a galaxy tab 4, which I received. On top of that, because I was referred, the referee was told that they, and I, would receive a £50 voucher (tesco, sainsburys or M&S).

Neither of us received them in mid Jan this year, so I called up on their behalf (as I was there), and enquired. They authenticated themselves with their personal details, and I confirmed what they wanted (the £50 tesco voucher) and confirmed what I wanted (the £50 sainsburys voucher).

A month later, they received their voucher as promised and I didn't. I called to enquire and was told that "this offer isn't available if you took another offer i.e. the galaxy tab".

I called up the customer response team, which promptly told me that I wouldn't be receiving it.

Part of me moving to sky from who I was, was this offer (and referee offer) in the first place.

They told me that you can't have two offers, just one.

My question is:

1) What can I do about this? I'm now stuck with a company which has horrible support, slow and iffy internet; which I was told is the "norm" by their own staff

2) Do I have grounds to leave them for another company based on the fact that they did the "bate and switch" on me when it came to offers?

Any advice would be helpful!

Cheers,

A

A formal complaint may help explaining the deal you signed up to with the offers included persuaded you in choosing them over any other company

and you classed the offers as part of the deal which they have now breached by not providing.

Either provide the offers or cancel the contract due to their breach.

Personally:

I would Shop around and change provider if no luck with your formal complaint, Get new services installed and cancel Sky.

I'm in a similar situation, Ordered Sky through Quidco which stated a payment of £120 estimated in January 2015, that now keeps changing

to July then to April then to May and back to July.

I think Quidco change these dates to entice customers in and then change dates to correct payout dates.

George

I've logged a complaint so waiting for the results.

I've shopped around and have my sights on another company with better monthly subs (virgin). ut I need to wait another 8 months before I can move away without being penalised.

What annoys me most is that the sales rep told me I'd get the fill 19Mbit broadband but only get a fraction of that. Despite calling up and trying to get it resolved, they start quoting "we promised to offer UP TO etc..."