EU jobseekers barred from claiming Universal Credit

Blue_Hedghog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Work and Pensions Secretary, Iain Duncan Smith laid out the government’s long-term economic plan to prevent EU migrants coming to the UK and accessing benefits. The new regulations mean that under Universal Credit no EU households will be able to access means-tested benefits in the UK without having worked here first and came into effect on 09th March 2015

(As I am new I cannot post links, so please put the usual H-T-T-P at the beginning in order to read the press release :)

gov.uk/government/news/eu-jobseekers-barred-from-claiming-universal-credit

Link added: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/eu-jobseekers-barred-from-claiming-universal-credit

Edited by antone
Added link

Political posturing. It was already very difficult for EU citizens to claim means tested benefits if they hadn't previously worked. It always surprises me how easy it is for the Tories to set the disadvantaged at each others' throats. I am, presumably, just not cynical enough.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Political posturing. It was already very difficult for EU citizens to claim means tested benefits if they hadn't previously worked. It always surprises me how easy it is for the Tories to set the disadvantaged at each others' throats. I am, presumably, just not cynical enough.

It is indeed playing to the gallery. This is proven by these reactions:

It's about time to

Good - about time

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

And the poison spread by the establishment too.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

while we all blame and hate on each other, we're not blaming the real culprits, the Government. They've run a very successful propaganda campaign the last five years, in concert with the media.

I've met a lot of EU migrants and 99% were here to work, pay taxes and build a better life for themselves and their families.

It's also worth pointing out that some of the changes the Tories want to make regarding EU migrants and benefits may not actually be possible while being in the EU.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop