faulty replacement Sasaki chair , Hitachi Credit & getting it sorted - help

xoanon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

id be inclined to pay for an independent engineers report, especially as I know the cost of these chairs are very expensive.

but if you decide on independent report, it could be a waste of money if that report does not go in your favour.

i do feel you have been messed around in the amount of time its taken, its not as if it is a consumer product for luxury, it is a product to assist with your health.

Three questions first though!

First - is it correct I need Sasaki to give permission for a report?

Second - as I'd go to the furniture ombudsman for a report, which one do I need?

Third - should I take the complaint through the furniture ombudsman or through the financial services ombudsman? Which is better/more appropriate? Given the note below, I'd suggest the financial might be better, but advice is welcome.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Sasaki ARE NOT members of the furniture ombudsman

Hitachi ARE members of the furniture ombudsman

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO:

The retailer responded that they had been aware the previous chair had been misused and as such they had not refused to service your current chair

but advised that, if it had been used outside of the recommendations,

a charge would be made for repair. T

hey were awaiting confirmation that the chair had been cleaned and was ready for inspection

what are they trying to imply here!!

cheecky buggers

because the previous chair was 'dirty' it has a bearing upon their decision refunding now.....

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had a thought this morning...

I have requested Hitachi pass on proof of the claims about misuse plus the maintenance report.

The reason being that they refer to the report I filled in (no, I wasn't given a copy) which says the footrest is awaiting repair. I'm pretty certain I also wrote that the problem was a manufacturing fault, at the behest of the engineer. Suddenly this becomes misuse from high ups at Sasaki and Hitachi quote it...? Did they get all of it?

OK, I don't hold much hope of them passing them on, but if they say they haven't been given any...

Meanwhile...

What do I do next? Anyone? Which ombudsman? As I said before, there's reports of different kinds, membership of the FO scheme and all that.