ESA and Sick Notes - General Enquiry

essexmat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. Been on ESA since August 2014 and my current note runs out on 16th April, ironically when I have a payment being made.

I have been trying to make an appointment to see a GP for ages but they are so full it is almost impossible. The receptionist asked when my note ran out and I told her and she said the doctors no longer back date so I could not see anyone until after the note had run out.

Whilst I understand that gives me a 2 week period to get the note to the DWP is this pushing it a bit fine or is this now general practice? I always send recorded first class anyway and keep copies for myself.

In the past I would see my GP a few weeks before note had run out and he would backdate it so cross with my last note.

Many thanks

The idea is you see the GP a few weeks before the note is to run out, they date it for the day you see them and this crosses with the previous note, which is fine.

There doesn't need to be any backdating at all, just a little forward planning.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

The doctors receptionist said the GP can no backdate your sick note?

That advice is incorrect! A GP can backdate this, but only if the GP is aware of your condition existed during the backdated time.

For example, you couldn't go to a GP today with an illness and ask GP to backdate your sick note by 6 weeks if the GP had only been made aware of your illness today. If your GP was aware of your illness existing 6 weeks ago, then the sick note can be backdated.