2 speeding notices for same stretch of road

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just received through the post 2 speeding notices, one for 38 mph and another for 42 mph, I am assuming it was a 30 mph limit.

They are both for a Sunday Morning one Week apart on the same stretch of road, I had just started a new contract at a company and was following my Sat Nav.

I accept of course that relying on a sat nav to beep if your over the limit isn't any excuse and being in an unfamiliar area is again no excuse.

My beef is that had I known I had been done for speeding on this stretch of road on the first Sunday morning, I would have been able to be more vigilant the next Week when I was travelling there.

So I feel it is unfair to prosecute me twice in this situation.

I am thinking to go to court and plead my case, has anyone else had a similar experience?

Ian

you'll get hammered

its for you to be aware of where you are driving and the correct speed to be travelling...

not for them to rush a ticket through to you to stop you being a ...again.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Irrespective of a potentially higher penalty at Court, they will then automatically add £20.00 Victim Surcharge to it - twice over by the sounds of it as there would be two victimless 'crime' cases, even if heard together.

Not looking good is it....

I am not so bothered about the cash but the points on my licence, I have 3 points from last Year and now face disqualification if caught again.

The Irony is that having just left the Military I was called 'Miss Daisy' because I always drove too slowly, I am the opposite of a boy racer but obviously I am not attentive enough at the lower speed limit areas....

Thanks for the comments.

I would go back to the road and see how it was signposted? With your history it seems unlikely that you would ignore a sign? There may be a way in there? Was it a built up area, street lamps etc would you have expected it to be 40mph or 30mph? Were you driving unsafely at that speed, were there roadworks, bad weather, good visibility etc etc Pull the case to pieces and look at every aspect, was it fair, were there signs, was it a fixed camera etc :)

I would go back to the road and see how it was signposted? With your history it seems unlikely that you would ignore a sign? There may be a way in there? Was it a built up area, street lamps etc would you have expected it to be 40mph or 30mph? Were you driving unsafely at that speed, were there roadworks, bad weather, good visibility etc etc Pull the case to pieces and look at every aspect, was it fair, were there signs, was it a fixed camera etc :)

things like bad weather, bad visibility, road works, etc wld involve a reduction in speed re driving safely!

expectations/fairness wont come into it. either over or not the deemed speed limit, no matter how many times. if no signs, then as per the road/street markings etc.

from first post, seems speed limit is 30

IMO

:-):rant:

I am back there next Sunday and will check the road, from Memory I cant remember any built up area. It is a mile from the trading estate I was working on to the motorway, so somewhere along that road there was a 30 MPH zone.

The course awareness is obviously a choice I will make to reduce the points.