PCN for not displaying Blue Badge ina Disabled Bay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The heading says it all. My partner has a blue badge and we have a disabled parking space right outside our house. Sadly we forgot to

replace the badge on the dashboard after using the car yesterday and were given a ticket.

Other than throwing ourself to the mercy and kindness of the authorities is there any way of avoiding the ticket. It is a local Council

ticket and they were the ones who issued the blue badge and placed the disabled space for my partner when she was registered as

being disabled.

Other than throwing ourself to the mercy and kindness of the authorities is there any way of avoiding the ticket.

Really that's all you can do. Polite, contrite letter, very sorry, won't do it again etc asking them to use their discretion on this one occasion and enclose a copy of the BB. A lot of councils will cancel for BB contraventions if this is the first time.

disabled bays , here on the isle of Wight, are classed as courtesy bays and anyone with a badge can use them, however only the police can enforce these for obstruction of a disabled bay if they so wish to do so,

as Michael Browne says its worth an appeal to the council. post 2#

disabled bays , here on the isle of Wight, are classed as courtesy bays and anyone with a badge can use them, however only the police can enforce these for obstruction of a disabled bay if they so wish to do so,

as Michael Browne says its worth an appeal to the council. post 2#

The Police cannot issue in disabled bays as the IoW has decriminalised parking, the Council actually issued 466 PCNs last year to vehicles in disabled bays!

hi,im feeling very sorry for you 'lookinforinfo' you forget to display your blue badge and park in a disabled bay and you get a ticket?...makes my blood boil...we have a neighbour here where we live that parks in a disabled bay (blue badge holders only) outside her house and has never displayed a blue badge, i do know that her husband is disabled but i have never seen a badge displayed in any of the cars that family has had..and to my knowledge she has never had a ticket.ok i am a blue badge holder myself and i used the disabled parking bay but when that family moved here i lost use of the space,yes i could park there if she goes out..but i dont because of the bird mess that covers the car and it looks dreadful because a tree overhangs the parking bay..so as far as im concerned she can have it on those grounds alone,but i hope and pray she gets a ticket.in the meantime i hope you get your ticket canceled.

Edited by LZ-DEN