Washing machine still not repaired after 2.5 months under extended warranty

markie76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi GUys,

I wonder if I can ask for your expert advice.

Three years ago my cousin bought a washing machine (washer/drier) and 5 year extended warranty from an online website.

In December 2014 the washing machine stopped working correctly (kept filling with water nothing else) so the warranty company was called and an engineer came out.

On the first visit the engineer didn't seem very professional and actually flooded the kitchen and some water went into the lounger

- didn't clean it up properly either. He stated he would need to order some parts which would take some time but they would make another appointment when they arrive.

After about 3 weeks just before Christmas the warranty company called, parts have been received and to make another appointment.

A different engineer came out, fitted some parts and tested the machine - same as before keeps filling with water. The engineer didn't seem very professional either as he spent a long time on the phone asking someone what he needs to do and it seems like he (they) checked everything in the machine.

He stated they need to order some more parts which would take 14 working days as they are coming from China! Once they arrive they would phone to make an appointment.

Towards the end of January they chased the warranty company and were passed around a few people.

The person who they spoke to stated that the parts had been received but, the engineer who had them (who visited last) had left the company/run off with them!!!

So the parts would have to be re-ordered from China which will take another 14 working days to arrive they would phone to make an appointment.

My cousin had a bit of a rant at them that they have been without a washing machine since the start of December and they are a family of 4 and need to do washing 3-4 times a week and having to go to the laundrette and spending about £8 each time on washing and drying.

The warranty company person didn't seem too distraught and stated that they would refund the cost of having to use the laundrette. But I then added what about the fuel cost of getting there and the time it takes - they just apologised and said that's all they can do.

It is now 2.5 months since the washing machine stopped working and almost 3 weeks since the last contact with the warranty company - not heard anything further and the water is still in the washing machine since the last engineers visit.

My cousins wife is at her wits end as she has now done around 74 trips (37 return) to the laundrette, spending over £275 on washing & drying + cost of fuel and time, as each trip takes half an hour - she has tried to combine it with other chores (school run/shopping/going to church) where possible, but when drying has had to wait or come back - additional trips & time.

SO, can you guys advise what is the best course of action to take?

Are there any rules/benchmarks for expected service under extended warranties?

Will they really refund just the washing/drying costs of £275 so far?

Is there an ombudsman who this can be taken to?

Thanks,

Mark.

The benchmarks are based upon the expectations of a reasonable consumer. Probably about 7 days.

Which company is it?

If you went to the FOS it would take ages. The quick way is to begin a small claims action in the county court.

You need to get a definitive diagnosis and estimate for the repairs. Add a reasonable sum for delay and inconvenience, send LBA and then sue.

Don't bother if you don't mean it

why did you not go back to the retailer under SOGA?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would be sending a bill for the laundry to the boss of the company and tell him that they have 7 days to get their donkey in gear and get it fixed otherwise it is a CC claim for breach of contract.

Let the retailer know and invite them to do something or be named as a co-defendant.

Thanks for your replies.

What I have been told;

Purchased from www. electrical123.com

Extended warranty: 'Extended Warranty' - contact no 08458630505 - email given by the person on the phone for complaints css.admin @cssolutionlimited.com

I will forward your advice to them.

Thanks.

urm.. that cssolutionlimited.com LINK IS RATHER PUZZLING

GOES OFF TO A TOTALLY DIFF COMPANY REFARDING THE WARRANTY.

opps sri the caps

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Washing machine still not repaired after further 2 engineer visits and more part changing (now 4 months!!!). It seems the engineers they send are just useless/not engineers at all.

1. Whats FOS?

2. Is there a non-court option left to try? An ombudsman/trade association?

Thx.

Re: your Post#6 the contact telephone number posted takes you to

csswarranties: https://www.csswarranties.co.uk/generalIndex.aspx

Their Terms & Conditions link: https://www.csswarranties.co.uk/termsandconditions.aspx

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 4 weeks later...

Machine now fixed after further 2 visits.

They have changed lots of parts including the main motor as the first one they installed was not the correct model!

It turned out the issue was some tube (vaccum/sensor) which was blocked.

The engineer even said the machine should now work for a long time due to all the new parts which have been installed.

Unfortunately I didn't find that amusing for 'engineers' taking 5 months to fix a washing machine not working due to a blocked tube.

So anyone buying a domestic appliance and being tempted by 'insurance' cover - ask who it is with and if the response is CSSWARRANTIES or CSSSOLUTIONS - think carefully - take the replacement cover instead of the repair warranty.

Thx

how utterly stupid

all the engs want shooting

a simple block suction pipe that acts on a diaphragm

using pressure as the water rises to switch the inlet valve off

and they