Argos letter

Ftgab19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all again,

I sent argos a pro-rate offer letter on the 05/01/2015 for my sisters store card. the national debt line budget sheet said she should only offer token payments of 1 pound. So that's what I put in the offer.

Today Argos sends a letter, they acknowledge receipt of your letter and sorry to hear blar blar blar.... before we can make a situation on your account we need up to date medical evidence!

I can't see how they are aloud to ask, when a bank or DCA aren't even aloud to see payslips.

I will upload my pro-rate offer letter and there letter.

Would like some advice on what to do.

My Letter:

Date:05/01/2015

Dear Sir/Madam

Account number: 0000000000000

Since making the above agreement with you, my circumstances have changed. I cannot now afford to make the agreed monthly payments for the following reasons.

Since taking sick leave my monthly income has been significantly lowed, so I now solely rely on statutory sick pay for my income. I enclose a budget sheet which shows my total income from all sources, and my outgoings. As you can see I have only £1 per month left for my creditors.

The offers I have made to my creditors have been worked out on a pro-rata basis and I have written to all my creditors asking them to accept reduced payments.

In view of my circumstances please would you agree to accept a reduced offer of £1 per month. If interest or other charges are being added to the account I would be grateful if you would freeze these so that all payments made will reduce what I owe you. Should my circumstances improve I will contact you again.

I would be grateful if you would send an account-number and sort-code to make it easier to pay you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Andrew

We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened.

NatWest Problem *****Refunded*****

I was thinking of sending the "Creditor Refusal of Pro-Rata Payments" from the library. But they haven't really refused, just asked for more information. Could anyone give any advice?

Andrew

We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened.

They have refused. By trying to demand info they arent entilted to. They only need a basic budget summary. They dont need medical evidence for a silly argos card. They must be joking when they said ANY info you give them, including personal medical details will be shared to lowlife DCA's.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi renegadeimp thanks for your reply,

So should I just send the refusal letter? or should I mention I don't want any data going anywhere?

Andrew

Yep. it's your data. Tell them to bog off and just send a simple budget summary. They have no need nor right to see anything else.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Well this letter be ok?

Letter:

Argos Card Services

Thynne Street

Bolton

BL11 1AS

Date:21/01/2015

Account number: 00000000000

HRG Letter Ref: 00000

Dear Sir/Madam

I am in receipt of your letter dated 17/01/2015 concerning the above account.

I am sorry that you feel unable to accept the offer which I have made. I am under no obligation to share any of my medical documentation with you.

I also do not give my consent for you to share any of my data to third party debt collection agencies.

The majority of my other creditors have accepted the offers made to them and I have commenced payments. I simply cannot offer you anymore because I can only afford £2.00 per month between all my creditors, and it would be wrong to cease or reduce payments to my other creditors in favor of your company.

The offer made to you is on a pro-rata basis, as used by the county court, and would be a temporary measure whilst I get myself back on track.

In light of the other creditors agreeing to my repayment plan, I ask you one final time to reconsider my offer to repay £1.00 per month.

I would be happy to make the payments in line with the offer to your company, on a monthly basis commencing immediately.

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully,

Sisters name printed

Would this be ok, or would i need to change anything?

Thanks

Andrew

Just on a side note, I know they have no rights to see any medical or even financial information, but you are trying to get reduced payments from this company.

I am in exactly the same situation as I've been off work for 4 months with a slipped disc. I had no problem enclosing a copy of my consultant appointment at the hospital and all 3 companies I approached instantly froze all interest and late payments. They also all reduced minimum payments to £1. If you have nothing to hide, sometimes it just makes it simplier to give them just enough infomation.

The problem is that argos think they can avoid the DPA by saying they will share any and all info about you with DCA's . In my book, that statement alone is enough for me to tell them to sod off.

The problem is that argos think they can avoid the DPA by saying they will share any and all info about you with DCA's . In my book, that statement alone is enough for me to tell them to sod off.

Good point IMP, I really missed that part of the letter.

On no account give these parasites anything.

Edited by havinastella

• 1 month later...

Hi all again,

My sister got a letter from Argos two days ago, It says they wont make a decision without seeing medical information.

It's also asking her to voluntarily add information about her health problem to her credit file.

Would like some advice on where to go from here.

Thanks

Andrew

"Consumer Credit Act 1974 allows you to voluntarily add information about your health to credit files held by the CRAs".

I am trying to find out if this statement is accurate. Not something I have heard of before, and you might need to ask them to point you to this within the Act ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi citizenB,

My sister doesn't feel comfortable doing that, do you think we should ask again for them to except the offer and tell them again there not getting any medical information?

Thanks

Andrew

Tell them to jog on and then say that you will forcibly pay them £1 a month inline with your I&E summary.

If its good enough for the courts, its more than good enough for a low rate catalogue shop.

Get their bank details and start repayments immediately to show that you are willing to pay and not evading payment as the muppets think you are.

Rather than sending them medical information, are you comfortable sending them some sort of proof that you are receiving statutory sick pay? I don't think they need to know the ins-and-outs of your medical condition but they might want some evidence of why your income has reduced.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am trying to find out if this statement is accurate. Not something I have heard of before, and you might need to ask them to point you to this within the Act ?

Opinion is that they have said this is voluntary, although I can still find nothing within the CCA as per their statement. So definitely don't even consider this.

Rather than sending them medical information, are you comfortable sending them some sort of proof that you are receiving statutory sick pay? I don't think they need to know the ins-and-outs of your medical condition but they might want some evidence of why your income has reduced.

Agree with steampowered - you are asking them for some forbearance, so you should at least provide some evidence that statutory sick pay is being paid.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It's a bit of a convoluted reference to CCA s.159 and ICO guidance issued to the CRA's, in effect yes you can include health issues within a notice of correction... personally I can't imagine why anyone would want that information published but each to their own.

HRG isn't particularly good at handling matters, it tends to rely on template responses, its staff having little or no understanding of debt recovery guidance. If you receive any correspondence [begging letters] from FRS in the meantime try to bear in mind that its a group child company of HRG Cards, operating out of the same office as HRG customer services, using the same operating system and with all staff under the employ of HRG.......[FRS being a dormant shell].

Would a payslip be good enough for proof?

Thanks

Andrew

That would be giving other information to them, such as your employer details - NI number etc.

BCOBS

Are you willing to pay the £10 or whatever your doc will charge for the note?

I don't think my sister would want to do that, didn't think of the cost. Is there anything we can send them or should we just ask them to except are offer again?

Andrew

I'd just send a budget summary, tell them what their are getting and start repayments.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks