Advice please RE: Lowell and capital one

tr79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

I have never posted on this site but often read threads and gained valuable information. I am seeking some advice regarding a letter i received today from Lowell regarding a very old capital one account, I am not exactly sure how old but got to be 5 or 6 years. Basically letter is offering me 75% discount if I pay within 15 days. This account is not showing on any of my credit files (I monitor regularly). I do not want to pay if they are then going to report it to credit file as i have worked hard to sort out old debts. I had a similar offer a few years ago on another account with Lowell and settled but it was pointless as it was a default for £72 and even though i paid it does not which come off until l 2016, I do not want to make the same mistake. Any advice appreciated.

Can you please post up more details like when you last made a payment/written acknowledgement.

If such a large discount there is something wrong with it you will need to find out what

Start the ball rolling by requesting a copy of your agreement a template letter is here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387435-CCA-Request-Consumer-Credit-Act-1974 send to Lowell with a blank £1-00 Po with your reference number on the rear, get proof of postage and keep safe, I tend to take a photo of the letter/po/and send both to Lowell. Retain all proofs and keep safe.

They the have just 12+2 days in which to comply.

Then stay off of the phone if they ring simply state in writing only and do not go through their security

Then come back to update your thread

Thx

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

This is the first I have heard of it for years. I remember having a card at an old address but this was well over four years ago. Lowell state they have wrote to me numerous times and they may have but I cannot remember and it definitely is not showing on my credit file, i checked all. Amount was for £437 and they offering £109. It is also in an old name, i used my foster parents surname when i was a child and stopped using that surname a long time ago, it was never change legally. I was married in 2008 and stopped using it around 2006 I think. Last payment would have been over 5 years ago.

If the name on the agreement is different to that on their current letters then they have used a trace to locate you. it matters not what your name is now the debt was in a different name and this should be used in all correspondence. A hitch but nothing to fret about.

Just send off the CCA then just wait till they respond, make sure you include this "This £1-00 payment is for the STATUTORY fee for the CCA request and for nothing else."

Then just wait

Side note here I have very successfully argued on a name defect on an agreement the debt was wiped on several occasions.

• Confused 1

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.