The Phantom
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looks like the claim is back with the MIB, I haven't had a clear answer yet, but it would appear the insurers have rejected liability as the insurance policy wasn't in force at the time of the accident.

It expired the day before the accident. Why they have only just realized this after four months or so I have no idea. You would think this is the first thing they check and not the last after they can't find their policy holder etc etc

Strictly speaking I should never have been given the insurance details by the police as apparently on their system it showed as expired. as well, which is why the vehicle showed as uninsured from the beginning.

This entire insurance episode just delayed the entire case unnecessarily.

So why I was given the details of an expired policy in the first place and told to make a claim will probably remain a mystery.

Why the insurers took four months to realize this will probably also remain a mystery.

So the claim is back with the MIB who now say (through Minster Law) they have concerns about my accident statement and would have to contact MY insurance company for some further details, but it wasn't disclosed what those details were.

That was an update I had on Monday, then on Tuesday Minster Law sent me a settlement offer from the MIB for a fraction of the actual claim, which I have been advised to reject.

So I duly told Minster Law to reject it.

As I have lost pretty much all faith in Minster Law and the information that is coming my way from all sources (I am either being fed cow dung over and over again or all parties involved are totally useless)

I am also now looking into transferring my claim to a local NWNF solicitor.

(end of update)

:shock:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...