default on suspended repossession want us out on friday please help

kaz70
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:clap2::clap2::clap2: So Pleased for you KAZ. I knew all would end well. CONGRATULATIONS and WELL DONE. it isnt easy but just proves with the correct help, support and advice things can be fixed!! Just keep up the payments and everything will be good! Enjoy a good nights sleep you deserve it!!! :madgrin::madgrin::madgrin::madgrin:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic news. Now you can sleep tonight :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Fantastic news. Now you can sleep tonight :)

thanks everyone especially Ell-een of course my payments are due on fifth of month but we are going to pay them on first of month just to ensure it goes through !!my head is killing me but i feel great such a relief i came out of court and cried ! thank you everyone again for your kind words it has made a difference feeling you were all behind me x

I can only imagine the relief you must feel - take time now to relax in your home and once you have had a few good night's sleep - you should look at reclaiming the arrears charges they will have levied on your account - we can also help you with that :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ell-enn Accord, as part of the Yorkshire Bank, have already refunded all arrears charges to everyone because I think they thought that was easier than looking at individual cases (and probably cheaper than employing people to do it!). These monies were applied to reduce the outstanding balance, not the arrears, to which they were not added when incurred.

Contractually they are of course able to charge for repossession proceedings and this will be added to the outstanding balance.

Congratulations. Not too early for a celebratory tipple methinks!! :p

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ell-enn Accord, as part of the Yorkshire Bank, have already refunded all arrears charges to everyone because I think they thought that was easier than looking at individual cases (and probably cheaper than employing people to do it!). These monies were applied to reduce the outstanding balance, not the arrears, to which they were not added when incurred.

Contractually they are of course able to charge for repossession proceedings and this will be added to the outstanding balance.

Thanks for that info BornThisWay :) - I didn't know they'd done that, pity some of the other lenders haven't .

Yes, I do know they can charge for repossession proceedings, but they do have to be reasonable and you can ask for a breakdown of these charges - some lenders have been known to use their in house legal department and yet charge a solicitors hourly rate, thus making a profit.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I don't suppose Accord's actions were entirely altruistic Ell-en. I think the FCA had been sniffing around. :)

Good point about the legal fees. They seem to be about £500/£600 but I have not seen any sort of breakdown. Which is not much if a fully trained solicitor did all the work, but is a lot if the computer and an intern did it!!

• 4 months later...

im so ashamed to be back on here within a few months after the support and help you all gave me last time i feel i have let you down im so sorry and wouldnt blame anyone for not replying but here goes.. thanks to Ell-enn and many of you i went to court a few months back and was granted sus repo order on our house i came straight home and wept with relief i myself paid the first payment on 5 th august over the phone an sent letter to accord with direct debit mandate for the future however after all the stress an worry my hubby and i were struggling and i told him to look after finances from now on ( i dont work due to health probs an bank account is in his name) turns out he fell behind with mortgage and as far as i can work out the only payment made was mine there may have been one more im trying to find a receipt last night i found the letters to say we are being evicted 10.30 friday!! im so scared in his defence the car had nearly a thosand pounds of repairs done in last few wks which is vital to him getting to work and our heating boiler packed in but i would rather have starved than missed mortgage although we dont deserve it any advice would be welcome thank you i have to accompany my mum to hospital at one so may not be able to check back in til later thanks again anyone who reads this

just to add spoke to hrac who want £200 but not sure if we would keep house an an expert ?! who told me to apply for time to sell as we wouldnt be successful another firm forget who want 300 to go to court with us bit wary of them all to be honest just wanted to warn others

Edited by honeybee13
Name removed.

Hello again kaz.

Who are these people you've spoken to please?

HB

hello honeybee sorry to be back you were good to me last time im in a waiting room at mo and wifi is a bit dodgy so hope you get this my son contacted hrac i think they were and i was in email contact with an expert in these cases or so he says

Edited by honeybee13
Expert's name removed again.

Thank you for that.

I had a look and the man you mention says he helps in repo cases [i've removed his name], HRAC are a charity I understand.

I expect Ell-enn will be along later, maybe she'll have some suggestions for you. :)

HB

thank you hb i will check with my son later who he spoke too if he has a name or more info and get back to you but if its same firm you wouldnt expect a charity to charge ! wil be back on later to read up on others posts see if i can find some info to help my case thanks again take care

Hi Kaz, well I suppose you know that you will have to enter an N244 at court to get a hearing before Friday and I'm sure you also know you shouldn't be paying anyone hundreds of pounds to do it for you when we can do it here. There is nothing these people can do that you can't ! so don't let them tell you otherwise ! do you have receipts for the repair to the car and the boiler ? Are you able to make any payments at all to the mortgage?

Hi Kaz, well I suppose you know that you will have to enter an N244 at court to get a hearing before Friday and I'm sure you also know you shouldn't be paying anyone hundreds of pounds to do it for you when we can do it here. There is nothing these people can do that you can't ! so don't let them tell you otherwise ! do you have receipts for the repair to the car and the boiler ? Are you able to make any payments at all to the mortgage?

thank you so much for replying im afraid to repair car an boiler was too dear so hubby called in a few favours from people at work so cant prove anything he gets paid on friday day of eviction when payments can resume in full again i take your point about going elsewhere for advise to be honest was embarrassed and felt we had undone all your good work so was wary about asking you all for help again as mentioned im with mum at hosp but im in charge of finances again as of last nite so when i get in will sort another budget and try and get sorted for tomo morn

thank you so much for replying im afraid to repair car an boiler was too dear so hubby called in a few favours from people at work so cant prove anything he gets paid on friday day of eviction when payments can resume in full again i take your point about going elsewhere for advise to be honest was embarrassed and felt we had undone all your good work so was wary about asking you all for help again as mentioned im with mum at hosp but im in charge of finances again as of last nite so when i get in will sort another budget and try and get sorted for tomo morn

have only just found out we had an attachement of earnings one month for almost £500 for poll tax i wil try an find proof of that if it helps

Anything which proves you had unexpected expense will be helpful.

If you go back to page 3 of this thread, the instructions for completing the N244 are in Post No 46 and also your previous statement in Post 47 so you can modify it to suit.

If you go back to page 3 of this thread, the instructions for completing the N244 are in Post No 46 and also your previous statement in Post 47 so you can modify it to suit.

thank you if i can come up with a new statement i may need you to check it but i know your busy! also is it worth mentioning hubby gets paid every four weeks but never in same date so may be worth explaining not sure thanks

thank you if i can come up with a new statement i may need you to check it but i know your busy! also is it worth mentioning hubby gets paid every four weeks but never in same date so may be worth explaining not sure thanks

can anyone advise me please im really worried about going back to court as it is a second time i doubt the judge will let us keep the house should i put on my statement if he wants us out can we stay and put the house up for sale ourselves ?or just wait an see what happens before i came back on this site many others were advising us to sell but we can pay off arrears in two years plus we would own outright in 5 sorry for rambling any body else in same boat i would be grateful for your input

can anyone advise me please im really worried about going back to court as it is a second time i doubt the judge will let us keep the house should i put on my statement if he wants us out can we stay and put the house up for sale ourselves ?or just wait an see what happens before i came back on this site many others were advising us to sell but we can pay off arrears in two years plus we would own outright in 5 sorry for rambling any body else in same boat i would be grateful for your input

as you would imagine selling is the last thing we want