style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why should consumers be put to this much trouble to resolve what originally was a fairly simple issue ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably because there doesn't appear to be much in the way of consumer protection and the suppliers have become inured to getting their own way in a captive market.......... that together with the matter of them being a shower of s*** :!:

In this instance SP wouldn't discuss with the EO whether it was acting within the terms of its licence or supply contract, depending how you interpret the EO's terms of reference it will or won't [as the case requires] refer to the contract in reaching a decision......doesn't paint a pretty picture of the industry as a whole.

£200.00 doesn't seem much but then its more than double the average the EO seems to prescribe and I guess its more than a days pay for my troubles

Kind of [OK, I mean I am] hoping it fails to remedy within the 28 days so I can go down the part 8 route and enforce the decision

Well.......... that tells me b*gger all I didn't already know

-----Original Message-----

To: 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 17:02

Subject: RE: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a/c xxxxxxxx/ / Ombudsman Services complaint form - Ref xxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxx/Ofgem Ref:0010000xxxx

Dear xxxxxx,

xxxxxxxxxxxx, please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

There are reporting requirements on some regulatory provisions which have the effects of highlighting non- compliance. However, there are no such requirements applying to general supplier licence conditions.

Matters of potential non-compliance with regulatory obligations are considered in accordance with Ofgem’s Enforcement Guidelines: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/enforcement-guidelines. Please see paragraphs 3.3-3.6 which refer to how we normally approach self-reporting.

I note that you have passed your individual complaint to the Ombudsman. When we receive an individual complaint, we add the information to our intelligence database. In terms of the wider issue you raise, this has been passed to Ofgem’s Enforcement Team. They will add the information to their database, and will consider whether any further action is required in accordance with the criteria set out in the Enforcement Guidelines. As you are aware we do not have a direct role in dealing with individual disputes between customers and energy companies and, given our finite resources, we will not generally enter into individual correspondence with complainants. When we open a case we will normally publish this on the Ofgem website and, subsequently, the result of any such case would also be published.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. In the event further information is required, we will contact you for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Kind Regards,

xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

9 Millbank

London

SW1P 3GE

Tel: 020 7901 7040

http://www.ofgem.gov.uk

• 2 weeks later...

....... it weighed out today, was looking forward to filing a part 8 :Cry:

Onwards and upwards, Ofgem enforcement team are now investigating the wider issue of overcharging in breach of contract [and licence conditions] so all is not lost

• 4 weeks later...

Enforcing the decision may still be on the cards :-D

-----Original Message-----

To: EStage3a@os-energy.org

Sent: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 12:23

Subject: Fwd: Message from Ombudsman Services - Case xxxxxxx, xxxxxxxx

Dear Maham

Probably not sensible to accept the word of the business at face value....

Final bill......... still not accessible or provided, apparently its on SP's web portal but the attachment is corrupted and appears as an invalid item when attempting to download. In the big scheme of things it's not a major issue but it was part of the agreed terms that it would provide me with a final electricity bill

If credit balance issue credit refund....... balance set to zero but the business helped itself to a further £69.76 this week, account balance now at the inherent £69.76 in credit, advised by SP's staff this morning that this may take up to 2 months to refund

It [sP] had 5 terms to effect, it has [and persists in doing so] failed on 2

Please ensure the case remains open until such time that I am satisfied it has complied with the agreed terms

Regards

2 months to pay you back? Can you imagine them letting you take so long to pay you? That's disgusting!!

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Apparently it issued a cheque on Friday, it deleted my bank details so can't effect a BACS transfer......... sounds like b....x to me. Anyway, I'll believe it when it's [the cheque's] in my grubby little mitts :-D

The EO telephoned me about 30 minutes before Margaret at SP, off the record [but clearly on mine] it has over 10,000 unresolved SP complaints on its files, can't for the life of me understand why :!:

Apparently it issued a cheque on Friday, it deleted my bank details so can't effect a BACS transfer......... sounds like b....x to me. Anyway, I'll believe it when it's [the cheque's] in my grubby little mitts :-D

The EO telephoned me about 30 minutes before Margaret at SP, off the record [but clearly on mine] it has over 10,000 unresolved SP complaints on its files, can't for the life of me understand why :!:

I am not on Twitter, but it sounds like a campaign is needed to embarrass these energy companies. You just need someone who is p*ssed off enough to set up a Twitter campaign feed to see how many tweets they can encourage to hopefully force some action. Copy in some of the newspapers, journalists etc and see whether it gets picked up.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No cheque just yet but SP is aware that it's on notice that a claim will be filed if not received by the 18th

Pretty sure I've mentioned it before but just in case anyone missed it, SP is a shower of s***

In the 16 months I had the misfortune to take supply from it, it has withheld payment of credit, changed supply terms in breach of contract and...... withheld payment of credit balance [again]. Whilst I'm sure I could have sued it prior to this week it has nonetheless credited sums of £22.00, £22.00, £50.00, £200.00 and £69.76 in the space of 7 months, notwithstanding the chq for £69.76 still to be receipted. In total I paid it something iro £3120.00 for 16 months dual fuel supply and it credited/refunded £433.52

I'm fairly sure that would/should have knocked it for any possible profit to the account. It continues to amaze me that it does not provide any semblance of customer service, perhaps promoting more complaints would be the sensible course of action.