pip atos waste of time

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello. I have been on pip for a year now high rate mobility and standard care. I had a change of circumstance so had another assessment. I got 0 points mobility because they said I walked 30-40m to the room. it was 5 m. so I checked google earth and the whole building is 3 cars wide. also I told her I could only move 5 m at a time and she said I need in minutes. I said 1 minute. she put down 2-3 minutes. what is going on at atos. it was a physio that saw me.

what can I do please.

Begin the appeals process

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Regardless unless someone advises to the contrary begin the appeals process formally.

Others will advise how to if u need help.

Danger on relying on the word of a decision maker is that holding them to account for informal remarks and phone calls is like grabbing water. Appeals have timeframes that WILL run out. Danger is you get caught up in a merry dance until your appeal deadline comes and goes

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

They also have to take in consideration the speed and things like pain. There are people who will walk through the pain. So, yes, they can walk 30-40m BUT under PIP, they'd be classed as not being able to do it because of the pain.

And they have to consider whether you can repeat it. So, if walking 30-40m leaves you unable to do anything for the rest of the day, it would be reaosnable to suggest you can't do it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently had a home visit from Capita (having been through ATOS and failed a few years ago:x) and was asked to touch my toes from a seated position and asked if i could stand up.

I said NO and pointed out that their letter states "you will not be asked to do anything which will cause you pain or discomfort"

'Nice' lady accepted it as the answer she was looking for.

I know that until the DM has made the decision it means nothing but still hopeful.