new claim

sharont1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They all seem to vary, my Halifax request was not even confirmed as being received for 30 days!

Plenty of time yet... they have until 14th May if I've worked your dates out correctly.

• Confused 1

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Sent my DPA letter on 30th March - still no reply from Shabbey.

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

• 4 weeks later...

There seems to be other posts which suggest that the abbey tactic is to delay until nearly the last moment and then to respond either with a request the payment or if payment has been made with a request for identity information and the 40 days then begins to run at that moment.

Have you sent your money?

letter sent on the 4th and cheque cashed on the 11th after having a telephone conversation today the abbey seem to be counting forty days form the 12th. told we had another two weeks to wait and that the request takes 6 weeks, would not budge but said the matter was in hand and the staements were on microfiche. Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...

Please can someone help me.I sent off the microfiche letter and today have recieved the following back

" as your account was closed.....all the info has been microfiched. As these records are not held as part of a relevant filing system they are not covered by the DPA etc

please can you let me know if there is anything i can do

Have a look at THIS THREAD

You may have to persue them to get the info you nee, but don't give. They are trying their best to put you off -because they want to keep YOUR MONEY

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

The 7 days given to the abbey in the LBA are up to day. Am I rigth in thinking I now pursue two cliams

1. DPA court action

2. Estimated charges court action

can someone let me know if I am correct

many thanks

Yes Sharon, spot on.

go get em girl!! we right behind ya:)

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!

Money claim can only be used to claim money.

DPA Non-compliance needs to be done in a court using form N1.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

If you look in the templates Library, you can download an N1 form (from a PDF file) and copy the text from the DPA Particulars of Claim into the form, then print it off (x3 - one for you, two for the Court - one of which is for the bank)

• 2 months later...

Hello sharont1

Just posted this link after your post on seminoles thread, it is Oddfellows, who has just been to court with shABBEY over the DPA. I've now posted the link below for you:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/8969-oddfellow-abbey-d-p-7.html

Hope this helps

Phil

This is only my personal, honest opinion!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks