style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i have been with bh for over 16 years only missed 1 payment in all this time ,,i was wondering who is liable for accidental breakage of phone screen as i have been paying bh the osc which does say its covered for any damages ty

Good Morning claz39

Full ownership of a product isn’t transferred to customers until the last payment is made on their agreement(s). Therefore, we must ensure that our goods are covered for Fire, Theft and Accidental Damage. Customers can take this cover through a home contents policy. We offered Damage Liability Cover (DLC) to customers who did not wish to take out a home insurance policy or alternative cover.

Damage Liability Cover (DLC) means that you will not have to continue paying for your product if it is damaged or stolen (subject to Terms and Conditions).

If you took out your agreement after 2nd September 2013 we now include a similar range of benefits as a standard part of our service and it is included in your weekly price.

Please contact your local store to discuss your options and to complete a claim for your mobile phone.

Should you have any further concerns or enquiries, please contact our Customer Relations Team on 0800 526 069 or email customer.relations@brighthouse.co.uk with the full details and we will be happy to help.

Many Thanks

Jason

16 years !!

Put the broken phone down to experience and reclaim all those fee's instead of making a claim.

I fear if you make the claim you may not be able to reclaim the DLC.

Reclaim all the fee's and buy yourself a new phone. If you can rclaim 16 years worth then dropping your phone might be the best thing that could have happened to you :)

Therefore, we must ensure that our goods are covered for Fire, Theft and Accidental Damage. Customers can take this cover through a home contents policy. We offered Damage Liability Cover (DLC) to customers who did not wish to take out a home insurance policy or alternative cover.

I think a re-phrase is required here.

"We forced DLC on Customers who did not prove they had contents or other suitable insurance" ... and hence is unfairly inflating the cost shown.

On a side note, I'm extremely proud to announce I paid my final payment last weekend. Other than them owing me £2500+ I will have nothing more to do with this company.

Furthermore, Jason can you point me in the direction of another company (excluding the other companies named on here) who force insurance for buying products? I think you may struggle!

I think a re-phrase is required here.

"We forced DLC on Customers who did not prove they had contents or other suitable insurance" ... and hence is unfairly inflating the cost shown.

On a side note, I'm extremely proud to announce I paid my final payment last weekend. Other than them owing me £2500+ I will have nothing more to do with this company.

Furthermore, Jason can you point me in the direction of another company (excluding the other companies named on here) who force insurance for buying products? I think you may struggle!

Sounds about right, as a local Councillor have just been informing tenants and residents of the dangers and hidden costs of the Bright House that has opened in the local town, and pointed them in the direction of the Tenant Contents Insurance schemes run by many social Housing providers, where cover such as that demanded by Bright House can be obtained at a much lower cost. There may well be similar schemes run by councils for Private Tenants and poorer Owner Occupiers so it is worth checking.

Personally i would reclaim, but would advise that Bright House would likely refuse to let OP buy anything else from them as they wouldn't be such an attractive cash cow in the future.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!