Barclaycard penalty charges - probably **WON with Compound Interest**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Slick and SS,

Very valueable reading posted by SS and slick regarding adverse data removal .

thete are debts 0f £1788 on this a/c sold to MKDP .

I should add that Paragraph above in post 23 by SS in POC .

suga:-)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Suga,

In my post #19, I asked you what you have drafted for the bottom of the POC under "And the Claimant claims ........"

I refer in particular to 19(2) and 19(3).

CAG Site Team have discussed the issue of whether to include mention of adverse CRA data in the POC. It's been suggested that a court is not likely to rule on the issue of adverse CRA data or DN's being removed. If an a/c balance is wholly settled by refund of penalties and restitutionary interest, there's a strong case to argue that related CRA data should be removed but this would be an issue for the ICO.

My own opinion is that you should also argue for adverse CRA data to be removed even if only part of the unpaid balance is penalties and interest, due to the reported data being inaccurate.

If you want to include an item at the end of the POC's under "And the Claimant claims ......... , you could say :-

(4) A declaration that adverse data reported about the account by Credit Reference Agencies be removed as the amounts so reported are inaccurate due to the inclusion of unlawful penalty charges.

But you may choose to leave this off and deal with the matter with the ICO in due course, once a refund of penalty charges has been agreed.

:-)

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick,thanks for your reply .

Site team has a very balanced approach in regards adverse data removal reference inclusion in poc .

Section 19 (1) (2) is as below:

19. The Defendant has not repaid them or any of them.

And the Claimant claims;

(1) A declaration that the sums totalling £xxxx have wrongly been applied to the Account. Some of these charges are older than the normal 6 years but are claimed by virtue of s32 (1) c Limitations Act 1980 as per Kleinwort Benson v Lincoln City Council.

(2) Payment of the said sum of £xxxx and interest in restitution of £xxxx as per Sempra Metals v Inland Revenue Commissioners.

Besides I will also add that paragraph under section 19 suggested by you referrred to adverse data .

A declaration that adverse data reported about the account by Credit Reference Agencies be removed as the amounts so reported are inaccurate due to the inclusion of unlawful penalty charges.

hopefully that will complete poc draft.

Hi Suga,

So you should end up with 5 headings under 19. and I would put the adverse data item at 19(4).

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Suga,

So you should end up with 5 headings under 19. and I would put the adverse data item at 19(4).

this is how I laid out :

19. The Defendant has not repaid them or any of them.

And the Claimant claims;

(1) A declaration that the sums totalling £428.00 have wrongly been applied to the Account. Some of these charges are older than the normal 6 years but are claimed by virtue of s32 (1) c Limitations Act 1980 as per Kleinwort Benson v Lincoln City Council.

(2) Payment of the said sum of £428 and interest in restitution of £xxxx as per Sempra Metals v Inland Revenue Commissioners.

(3) A declaration that adverse data reported about the account by Credit Reference Agencies be removed as the amounts so reported are inaccurate due to the inclusion of unlawful penalty charges.

(4) Interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum on the day until judgment or sooner payment.

(5) Court costs of£115.00.

Looks good apart from :-

(4) Interest under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum [daily rate of xxp per day] from the claim-issue date, until settlement.

Looks good apart from :-

(4) Interest under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum [daily rate of xxp per day] from the claim-issue date, until settlement.

I will add daily rate int per day as suggested.

Hi Suga,

Get the daily rate using this formula :-

Chgs + rest'y int't total per SOC x 0.00022. So if your chgs were 150 and rest'y int't was 350 - 500 x 0.00022 = 11p per day.

Print off 3 copies of the N1, the SOC and your POC and send them to CCMCC.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I checked on royal mail web N1 form had been recieved by CCMCC on 4th Nov .

court fee was paid with Postal orders .

what is next step now and would postal orders will delay the process.

Keep a copy of the N1 for your file. The court will not send one back to you

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi Suga,

Sit tight and wait for news from CCMCC or the Defendant.

I thought the court would send you a court-sealed copy of the N1. Did you send them 3 copies of the N1 when you filed the claim ?

On my first claim I sent 3 copies. Never received one back. (Not even with the fee remission documents that were returned) Upon inquiry the court said they do not return one to the claimant.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi Suga,

Sit tight and wait for news from CCMCC or the Defendant.

I thought the court would send you a court-sealed copy of the N1. Did you send them 3 copies of the N1 when you filed the claim ?

Hi Slick

3 copies of N1 form were sent along 3 copies of soc

Edited by suga
more information

On my first claim I sent 3 copies. Never received one back. (Not even with the fee remission documents that were returned) Upon inquiry the court said they do not return one to the claimant.

HI SS,

I wonder how they will deal with my claim now ,

Hi Suga,

Whether you get a sealed copy back or not, the claim WILL be issued and you'll hear of progress IDC.

As always, read other WON or "probably WON" cases in the BC forum or the Barclays Successes forum.

Preparing the info needed for your court bundle is a good idea. Gather the necessary info together in a folder on your computer so there's no last-minute rush.

There are a lot of pages to gather so it's hoped you won't need to print out the initial 2 copies to File and Serve, plus the final copy for yourself in the event of a court hearing. But being prepared will keep you ahead of the game.

If you need a copy of the CAG Basic Court Bundle, I can send you one by email. See my PM about this.

How i prepared for my cases was to scan in on the computer and file electronically as well as physically.

I also printed a copy of any correspondence and for letters sent to court and defendant I scanned in a hard copy with the proof of postage attached to the front. Then when delivered I attached a copy to the back of the hard copy I sent.

I saved files with a naming system. Use what works for you. Mine was DATE-CASE (EG BarCC) - Sender eg (ME/BARC)- Subject (EG N180) -page

Mine was prob more complex than it needed to be but having it all scanned in makes it easy to resend information (Via email as well) when the court misplaced documentation.

This effectively builds the correspondence part of your Bundle as you go and reduced the workload later on

How i prepared for my cases was to scan in on the computer and file electronically as well as physically.

I also printed a copy of any correspondence and for letters sent to court and defendant I scanned in a hard copy with the proof of postage attached to the front. Then when delivered I attached a copy to the back of the hard copy I sent.

I saved files with a naming system. Use what works for you. Mine was DATE-CASE (EG BarCC) - Sender eg (ME/BARC)- Subject (EG N180) -page

Mine was prob more complex than it needed to be but having it all scanned in makes it easy to resend information (Via email as well) when the court misplaced documentation.

This effectively builds the correspondence part of your Bundle as you go and reduced the workload later on

Thanks SS for your guidance in details ,certainly will help.

BC seem to follow a patten.

They will ack the claim

Then they will write to you telling you your all wrong. Maybe make ap relim offer.

Then they will file a defense and copy that to you

Accept mediation when the court sends its direction questionnaire

When a mediation date approaches you MAY get a serious f+f offer

The real time consuming bit is understanding the law you are going to use. That "Prep" is what may make a differnce between settlement during or just after mediation vs having to create the bundle in paper form.

Time consuming? Only if you let it be :)