Barclaycard penalty charges - probably **WON with Compound Interest**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wait and see what happens and let us know.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE !

Barclays had already filed theirdefence .

I recived today proposed allocation to small claimtrack with a DIRECTIONS QUESTIONAIRE and mediation service forms.

I required to file with court by 8th Jan .

Questions----

1- should I file mediation service along AQ

2- is there any fees payable if it is do I need to send it with AQ .

3- should I return hard copy to court or photo copies.

suga:-)

Hi Suga,

You'll find this covered on other **WON** threads.

Unless you qualify for Court Fee Remission, you will need to pay the appropriate DQ fee, based on the value of your claim.

Send the completed DQ to the court, keep a copy for yourself and send a copy to Barclays Litigation. Agree to Mediation.

Before you send this into the court for 8th Jan, you could contact Barclays Litigation saying your are about to file your DQ and, unless they agree to settle your claim in the full amount, further court fees will be incurred.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

NO fee for direction Questionnaire stage any more

Next fee to pay will be the hearing fee.

Accept mediation.

Chase the mediation as well. Once accepted It will be up to yo uto make contact with the mediation team.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent my Direction questionnaire by post and received by both parties.

Also have received BC direction questionnaire we both agreed to mediation

I did sent an email to BC beforehand which was a knowledge and was told they get in touch in the due course.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Suga,

How is the Mediation to take place.

In terms of preparation, you need to have your claims total, including the amount claimed for chgs and restitutionary interest, plus s.69 int't to date plus court fees paid to date.

You need to decide what is the minimum you'd accept to settle your claim, bearing in mind this could save you many hours of work printing and submitting 2 copies of the court bundle. If you decide you will accept nothing less than the full claim, that is your prerogative.

Mediation date is set I need to know what to expect and what do I need to prepare to deal .

Ok this is the point you need to understand the law you shall be using. Demonstrate you know your stuff and it increases the chance they will settle.

have to hand essential points from the cases you shall be using. Understand how they support your case.

the oft report into credit card charges is essential. Be ready to quote sections from it about what they constitute a penalty. The section that saysthe 12 pound is a guideline and that it is only the threshold for their intervention and that 12 does not make it lawful.

Also the points in the report that says only a court can define their lawfulnesd.

Having a print out of any barclays products where they charge api equivelent or greater than the intetest in restitution u are claiming. Hint. Barclaycard initial visa.

Have to hand your charges total your interest total. Claim costs and interest total. Also any outstanding balance.

Be preapared to give something in the negotiations. In mine I offered 8% county court interest would be waived if they settled in full. Have that figure ready as well so you can reduce the claim cost.

The mediator will be relaying poinys between you both. Be in a position to counter their arguments. Look to their defence for issues they will raise.

The mediator will test your resolve. How wpuld you feel arguing your case in a court. What if you lose? How strong do you think your case is etc.

remember. You do not have to agree a settlement. Bear in mind i had a credit card reclaim go to mediation. They made an improved offer which i declined. Mediation ended by them after that.

2 Days later a 100 percent settlement offer arrived.

hope that helps

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi Slick and SS.

I was away for a few days could not reach computer.

thanks guys for reply.

I have recieved an email from mediator to agree t&c .one of them is to confim that I have read all of the document and evidence provided by the other party that Ineed to have seen in order to mediate.

should say yes to above term but I only recieved bc's defence doc

Edited by suga
spelling

Say yes to having rec'd and read BC's Acknowledgement of Service and their Defence.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my lovely caggers,

I would like to say thanks for your unprecedented help during the every step of this case. All I can say I'm very happy today .

Special thanks to jewel of the cage SLICK and I like to say thanks to SS as well .:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Im glad your happy XD Welldone for holding the course

Hi Suga,

I assume you have reached an agreement with BC but have agreed to confidentiality, hence your inability to say any more.

If I'm right, then I offer you Hearty Congratulations and well done for sticking with it.

Don't say anything that could breach the confidentiality !

Please see my PM to you. :oops:

Thread title amended to reflect my assumption that Suga has probably reached a good settlement with Barclays Litigation including compound restitutionary interest.

:whoo: :whoo: :whoo: