Ace Security Services Private Parking Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am posting on behalf of a friend/colleague.

She came over to a clients house today to visit (domicillary care worker) and,

as there were 2 of us present but only 1 parking pass, she didn't have one in her car.

She got back to her car to find a parking charge notice from Ace Security Service for trespass

and not displaying a valid permit nor having permission to be on the private land.

She was parked in an allocated space for the block of flats where the client lives.

I've looked for threads about this company but not come up with much.

The family of the client have said to ignore it as it's a speculative invoice and she was visiting with permission.

I, too, would be tempted to ignore but I'm not my colleague who isn't British and isn't so clued up about Private Parking Companies.

I did see that Ace say on their own website that they aren't members of the BPA!!

What I want to know to support my colleague is what the current advice is regarding these speculative invoices from Ace?

and what they, as a company, are like in regards to chasing up these speculative invoices?

Many thanks in advance!!

Wait till you get the letter through the door. From your info you have the landowners permission so theyre screwed on that front alone. You can get the landowner to force them to cancel the charge, or if they try their luck in court ( very unlikely), you can use GPEOL and the fact you were given permission.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So, the fact she was visiting a resident (who is an owner occupier) of one of the flats, means she had permission to park there or does she need to contact the management company to ask them to force Ace to cancel the ticket?

Sorry for the questions - what is GPEOL?

GPEOL = Genuine pre estimate of loss. The parking company have to show how the landowner has suffered a loss as a result of you parking there, and also that they have the necessary authority to chase you for that ' loss '. For example, if the car park charges £1 per hour to park, and you get a ticket for parking for 1 hour and 5 minutes, they have to explain why this extra 5 minutes justifies a charge if £85 - ish.

If your colleague does not contact them... Then they cannot contact her.

Nothing more should come of this as they have no legal right to obtain details from the DVLA.

It would be interesting to see the NTD (windscreen ticket), could you post it up redacted of personal info please?

Thanks for the explanation of GPEOL. there is no charge for a permit, no charges for parking in the car park - it's a mix of residents parking spaces for the flats then some for a wine warehouse and some for a hairdressers which are in the ground floor units of the block - these spaces are clearly marked with the shops names. My colleague was parked in one of the residents spaces, middle of the day and visiting a resident.

Ok I will tell her to hold off doing anything for now - they're asking for/demanding £65 if paid within 14 days or £130 between days 15 and 28. They also say on the ticket that charges will rise if it is not paid by that time. I will explain she needs to wait for the next stage of the process when she should receive a letter through the post which will be some time after 4 weeks from now.

I have asked her to get pictures of both sides of the ticket and send them to me and then I will post them up - not so easy as she's not due back over here this week and I'm on live in so over here all the time. She will hopefully be able to do it via email today.

intrestingly the current manager is Michael Charman

didnt he have a book written about him being a bent copper a while back?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Have taken photo of their sign in the car park - how do I post it so everyone can see it please?

Best way to do it is to first convert it to a PDF, it's easier than it sounds :) Click on THIS LINK which is a page that will do it for free.

Once you have the PDF, you need to attach it to a post on here. Click on the "Go Advanced" button, just below the reply box on the right, and then look for the little 'paperclip' icon (top middle, just above the reply box) which is how you add files.

Click on that, select the PDF that you want to attach to your post, add a little bit of text to the reply box, and click on "submit reply" thumbup.gif

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.