ESA and Sick Notes

essexmat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. I am on ESA (first time on it) and my sick note runs out on October 28th (12 weeks) I have sent my ATOS form back recorded post and obviously now playing the waiting game for an appointment.

When is the best time to renew my sick note so that my claim/pay is not affected? I have heard that it is best to get this in to the DWP around a month before expiry of the old one so around the end of this month to see my GP? Also, will my GP be able to issue one early as the old one would not have expired?

I want to ensure I have no problems with payments and getting the information to DWP for processing in good time.

Many thanks

Although it shouldn't take this long, you should expect it to be 14-21 days from you putting your sick note in the post to the time it is updated on the ESA system. There's no problem with the new cert being added on before the old one has expired.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping this after so long. I just checked my sick note and it runs out on 28th October (around a month away) At what point should I be seeing my GP again to get a new one sorted to send off to the DWP? I don't want any payment problems. I was thinking about 1st week in October, does that sound about right?

Thanks

I used to see my GP 2 weeks before my sick certificate was due to end, got the new one then sent it to them 1st class recorded delivery - the only time my certificate was 'lost' resulting in my ESA being stopped it was a time it hadn't been sent recorded delivery!! They always ended up on their system in good time when sent that way and money was unaffected.

Brilliant, thanks and yes, I always fo recorded and take a copy of things and write on there date and time of delivery and who signed for it so I have proof. As mine runs out 28/10 I will see my GP early October - very useful, thanks