2nd ESA tribunal adjourned

Past caring
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A little backgrround: My husband has Borderline Personality Disorder, Fibromyalgia, Asthma, query CAM type impingement of hip bones.

he was placed into WRAG group upon renewal last May, we appealed which was turned down. Went to tribunal in February, adjourned without any questions being asked for GP records.

Then the 2nd tribunal was held yesterday. the GP notes contained letters from the psychiatrist which contained many contradictions and some outright lies. EG he had seen my husband shopping in a superstore 70 miles from home walking normally and talking animatedly. My husband has never been to this shop.

he claimed my husband had no need to use the walking stick (he has used it for 20 years, and quite often has to use a mobility scooter), claims he has lied about his symptoms to continue his 'dependence on the welfare state'. He originally diagnosed my husband as having Bipolar, then without us being told he changed this to depression, then severe anxiety, then claimed he was making the whole thing up and after a 2nd opinion has now settled on Borderline Personality Disorder with dysthymia and sociopathic traits.

The tribunal judge warned us yesterday to get legal advice as the psychiatrists letters suggest my husband should actually not be on ESA at all.

Our MH advocate is trying her hardest to get us some help but I just wondered if anyone had any experience like this or could suggest what if any action we could take. we live rurally and this psychiatrist is the only one who covers our area.

Thanks

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.