Smart Parking Asda

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Quick one. Received a letter a week ago saying that I had parked in Asda for too long. This is true! I thought it was 4 hours free whereas it is actually 2 - my fault. But there was nothing on the car and just got the letter through.

Basically do I pay? Read lots but all seem conflicting.

What do you suggest?

Thanks

When did you park there and when did you get the letter as ANPR captured data means that the parking co has a very small window to send out demand to keeper of hevicle. It must posted out within 12 days and be with you within 14 days after the day of the event. Any time after that and it is invalid.

In April I had a ticket from Smart Parking too. Similar length of time overstay. I sent a letter of complaint to ASDA's CEO Directorate office... but then didn't reply too quickly, so the next best thing is to send ASDA a Tweet via Twitter, that'll get you noticed and helped pretty quickly. ASDA Twitter nudged the Directore team and I was done and dusted with cancelled ticket within 3 weeks.

You can give it a go too, if you want.

Regards

CookieRocks

Well we parked on the 3/8/14 and the date of letter sent was the 8/8/14.

Bit confused as some websites say sod'em whilst others say pay then complain. Have a few days to sort before it goes to £70.00. Only left it due to trying to see what was the best thing to do.

@CookieRocks how did you complain? I am aware that it was my fault i overstayed.

Email complaint to: Directorate@ asda.co. uk [remove spaces] and address it o Mr Andy Clarke; he won't reply himself, but one of his executive team should do.

Tweet them: @asda service team [remove spacs]

Regards

CookieRocks

Bit confused as some websites say sod'em whilst others say pay then complain....

Have a few days to sort before it goes to £70.00....

Can you tell us what websites are giving out that advice please?

You do not have to pay any money, let alone £70.00 .....

You appeal as the registered keeper stating that you are not liable for this charge.

No loss has occurred to asda by the driver shopping in the store and using the car park.

I am under no obligation to name the driver of my vehicle.

Please cancel this charge or issue me with a valid code for the POPLA.

No other correspondence will be entered into.

This appeal has been sent with proof of postage.

I know proof of postage is free, but if I was writing a (proper old fashioned :) ) letter to them I'd bite the bullet and pay the extra to have it sent recorded/signed for. That way they can't possibly say they've not received it. And if they do (as has happened) you'll be able to prove that someone signed for it and when and have them over a barrel. Well worth the extra quid or so I'd say :D

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

I know proof of postage is free, but if I was writing a (proper old fashioned :) ) letter to them I'd bite the bullet and pay the extra to have it sent recorded/signed for. That way they can't possibly say they've not received it. And if they do (as has happened) you'll be able to prove that someone signed for it and when and have them over a barrel. Well worth the extra quid or so I'd say :D

Not worth it.

If it doesn't get signed, it doesn't get delivered...

Proof of postage shows you sent something to the address in the correct time frame, and is free.

POP is all that is needed to prove service of documents. Any parking co that then denies receiving your letter doesnt do very well in the judge's summing up when they lose their claim (PE have a record of this and it has cost them)

Appel to the parking co on any grounds you wish, such as inadequate signage to form a contract. They will reject your appeal but will have to provide a POPLA code so you can appeal to the independent adjudicator.

It is this stage that will cost the parking company and you make your appeal based upon (say) the inadequate signage and ask for evidence that parking co has fulfilled the requirements of the CoP of the parking industry when it comes to the signage (makes them run about photographing things) and they can prove that planning permission was granted for these signs (they dont usually bother so that can destroy their chances of a successful court claim) and that (the killer) in any case the amount they are claiming does not reflect their losses or a genuine pre-estimate of loss caused by your action

In April I had a ticket from Smart Parking too. Similar length of time overstay. I sent a letter of complaint to ASDA's CEO Directorate office... but then didn't reply too quickly, so the next best thing is to send ASDA a Tweet via Twitter, that'll get you noticed and helped pretty quickly. ASDA Twitter nudged the Directore team and I was done and dusted with cancelled ticket within 3 weeks.

You can give it a go too, if you want.

Regards

SMART parking cannot issue tickets, they can only issue an invoice inviting you to give them some money.