Bayv - £770 in arrears? - **VIEWING GURANTEE + ALL INSURANCES + COMP REfunded WON through FOS**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am unsure of what figure to put where.

First of all I can see a cash price,

then deposit,

arrangement fees,

total charge for credit,

duration,

total amount payable,

Interest rate and APR.

And then theres a serate section for EPS,

All sorted,

All sorted interest

and then a viewing guarantee.

Its all gibberish to me.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And then theres a serate section for EPS,

All sorted,

All sorted interest

and then a viewing guarantee.

Its all gibberish to me.

this bit is where your info is

you paid weekly

workout weekly what each of those cost you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

more than welcome

that's what we are here for

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

can you follow this please:

[upload PDF's]

**you can post up images/letters by this method immediately..you don't need 10 posts**

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

or

use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though DONT USE BANK NAMES or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice DD-mm-yyyy

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

YOU DONT have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box..just upload it ..job done

you can click on your links to check them too!

dx

and they

Here are some email updates.

BAYV

Thank you for your email, I can confirm that the delisted stock refers to your viewing guarantee, this account is now closed.

We are currently in the process of retrieving the telephone calls that took place when you placed the orders, we will be in touch when we have this information available.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in the meantime if we can be of any further assistance.

ME

All you are doing is delaying the inevitable. I did not want or ask for it!

And what the hell is a viewing guarantee?

Why did you not just write viewing guarantee on my statement?

You are just in the business of ripping people off! I demand a copy of the recordings as soon as they are available.

In the meantime I am cancelling my direct debit until we sort this out.

Do not send any agents to my door or telephone me.

I wish to conduct everything in writing. Preferably email.

BAYV

A Viewing Guarantee is for in the event that your own TV set no longer works then BAYV would provide you with a loan TV set so that your viewing is not interrupted and payments are able to continue until such a time that you have or are able to replace the TV set.

ME

Well I didn't ask for that either! What a joke!

BAYV

This cover was not optional at the time of you purchasing goods, as we are a buy as you view service so we need to ensure the meter is in use on a working television at all times to ensure payments are made and you are not left without a working television.

ME

You have been charging me for a viewing guarantee from 08/09/2011 until 16/01/2014 even though I had my coin meter removed on the 08/09/2011.

According to BAYV a viewing guarantee is to "ensure the meter is in use on a working television at all times to ensure payments are made and you are not left without a working television"

I did not have a coin meter therefore I did not need to be paying that for almost 28 months!

The plot thickens!

BAYV

Thank you for your email, due to the nature of your complaint we feel that a home visit is required. Please could you confirm if Wednesday 11th June after 1pm would be convenient for you?

ME

I do not want a home visit. I suffer from severe generalised anxiety disorder, so I don't think it's wise.

I will conduct all further communications via email.

notes:

eps on wash/dryer £2.04PCW@50.1%

all sorted on game console £1.16@46.2%

all sorted on gas cooker £1.88@42.10%

EPS gas cooker £0.25P@0%

and totally reclaim every viewing guarantee charge

and they

And shouldn't they have provided me the recordings with the subject access request?

I feel fairly certain that they should have included recordings in the SAR. Hopefully someone can confirm. If they failed to supply these recordings, then they can be reported to the Data Commissioner.

I feel fairly certain that they should have included recordings in the SAR. Hopefully someone can confirm. If they failed to supply these recordings, then they can be reported to the Data Commissioner.

My sar requested all information, so why they didn't include that originally is beyond me.

notes:

eps on wash/dryer £2.04PCW@50.1%

all sorted on game console £1.16@46.2%

all sorted on gas cooker £1.88@42.10%

EPS gas cooker £0.25P@0%

and totally reclaim every viewing guarantee charge

Hi, is this your opinion on what I should ask them to refund me? Thank you

yes make a spread for each one above

that spread you have done 'looks' ok

as long as it got everything you paid for on the kennect thingy.

you run the spreadies all of them till today claim to

best way is to leave that field as is

and It will auto update

and they

yes make a spread for each one above

that spread you have done 'looks' ok

as long as it got everything you paid for on the kennect thingy.

you run the spreadies all of them till today claim to

best way is to leave that field as is

and It will auto update

Thankyou. I'll get on it. Its a little bit confusing because when I was paying for these items every week I didn't realise that the payments were being dispersed through different "insurance" accounts instead of just being taken off the balance.

• 2 weeks later...

I responded with:

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I am sorry that I cannot accept your response as a resolution to my complaint because of the following reasons:

The first sentence in the 'all sorted' paragraph states that " A warranty known as 'all sorted can be purchased by customers if they choose." When I was offered the goods, it was my understanding that I was going to be paying for the goods plus interest, nothing more.

I was not told about 'all sorted' , EPS or viewing guarantees, therefore I could not have possibly asked for them, nor would I have agreed to these insurances if I was offered them.

I think that as a company, it should be your responsibility to verbally explain that you are going to add on these extras. I was not given the opportunity to say yes or no to them.

I did not state on any of my emails that my cooker had broken down, I said washer/dryer.

I have yet to receive any of the recordings or signed documents that were mentioned in which I specifically asked for these insurances/warranties. Something that I believe should have been included in my subject access request. I would like to cross reference them with my own copies.

I have attached my home contents insurance policy to this email.

I intend to take this matter to the ombudsmen if we cant come to a satisfactory agreement. I have already posted this on the consumer forums and I don't intend to let this go any time soon as I feel extremely disappointed with buy as you view.

I then responded with:

Please read emails below this one.

After the January 2012 phone call to "Mr Tony Philips" I was not happy in the slightest.

In fact I sent an email specifically saying that I was " furious " about the fact that I was paying for these insurances.

My last formal complaint email to Katie Mathews in January 2012 went unanswered.

Fortunately for you my father died and I was not in the correct state of mind to pursue it any further.

So no, it is not reasonable for you to assume that I was happy with the explanation.

And as for the annual statements, they did not make it clear what I was paying for,

in fact you didn't even provide clear explanations for what I was paying for in the SAR and

therefore I had to send a separate email asking for an explanation for which account number represented which item.

And I had to ask for an explanation for the account numbers that I wasn't even aware of e.g. " delisted stock".

I want to make you aware that I have a contract in my possession in which the " I wish to purchase extended warranty " section is unticked

and unsigned and also the EPS section is also blank and unsigned.

Also viewing guarantee part at the front has been inked in by one of your agents.

This is why I requested your version of the original contacts.

I am happy to accept £147.05 in response to the viewing guarantee complaint

but I am still not happy about the "all sorted" complaints.

Please can you confirm when you will be paying this.

Thank you.

Scott Jenkins

To: katie.matthews@bayv.co.uk

Subject: RE: Insurance

Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 17:49:20 +0000

Why was paying all sorted insurance on an item which all ready had 1 years warranty? ( xbox kinect ),

I was not informed of this,

I do not want to be paying insurance for the cooker either.

I am furious about this and intend to take this further,

I was not even aware that I was paying the "optional" all sorted insurance on these items and neither was I asked if I wanted it.

To: **************com

Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:47:07 +0000

Subject: RE: Insurance

Dear

Thank you for your email. I can confirm you have been paying both EPS and All Sorted cover for both items since the account has been opened with us.

Elaine Mockler:

Dear

The payment will be made by BACs transfer tomorrow and should be in your bank account by Friday.

ME:

Did you manage to read the emails from 2012?

Elaine Mockler:

Yes, I did read your emails, the last email that you sent on the 18th of January was logged as a complaint and then Tony Phillips spoke with you and the complaint was closed on the 20th January 2012.

ME:

Can you provide me a log of what was said in this conversation in which I made a complete u-turn

from being "furious" about paying these add-ons to being satisfied that my complaint was resolved.

I would also like to know who initiated the conversation, who phoned who?

There is no record of this conversation in my complaints section of the subject access request.

So are you saying that you have additional information which you failed to reproduce on the subject access request?

hello,

you say that you had not been informed about 'all sorted' EPS or viewing guarantees. i feel it is irrelevant whether you were informed of these or not since the average consumer would undoubtedly be confused by such guarantees.

you did not need the guarantees and it is my opinion that you are entitled to a refund in respect of the total money you have paid for the guarantees. my opinion could be totally wrong... but my opinion is based on this thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?426539-Brighthouse-5-Star-Service-Package-Unfair (although brighthouse it is much the same principle as BAYV)

maybe someone else can advise if it is important whether you were informed or not... because in my opinion, the average customer would be confused with the guarantees and therefore make a wrong decision. so a reclaim of the money is possible even if you were informed (which you state you were not informed).

hope that makes sense and also hope if someone can confirm if i am correct or wrong in my thoughts? (again, constructive criticism please)

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

few things to pointout..[my notes]

THERE ARE NO GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE PURCHASE ANYWHERE

that say the items on the agreement MUST be insured against ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE OR THEFT.

that's purely their T&C's which can be challenged. just like PPI, Just like PENALTY charges

and they

She then responded with:

same attachment uploaded twice?

dx

and they

same attachment uploaded twice?

dx

sorry dx, I've edited the attachment now.

Please bare with me because im going to post a few more emails in which she has admitted to loosing the recordings in which I " asked" for the all sorted and eps insurances and also she admitted failing to reproduce information on my subject access request along with a few other mistakes.

Edited by scottay2hottay

response to my email in which I asked for evidence that I said I was "happy" to continue paying these insurances along with attached phone log:

Elaine:

I have not seen the SAR request that was sent to you, however I can confirm details of the complaint logged in January 2012 should have been included. The person who completed the SAR for you is on annual leave therefore I cannot speak with her at the moment, I can only apologise that this wasn’t included at the time. Please see attached the details of the complaint logged on our system.

ME:

Is this report accurate? Has any thing been altered? I did not say I was satisfied on the phone. I didn't even receive a phone call.

The address and phone number the top of the letter are incorrect.

I wasnt living in at ********** on the 18th of january 2012 and neither was my phone number 01495******. So how could you have phoned me?

In fact you have only had my correct phone number in the last couple of months.

I can prove it because even at the top of my washing machine contract for september 2012 you still have an incorrect phone number.

You also said Tony Philips spoke with me but now its Bryan Locke. Which is it?

Elaine:

The complaint document is what is stored on the operating system we use, when a customers address and telephone numbers change our system is updated to reflect the latest address details and telephone details. The address details on the contract remain as they were at the time of making the original agreement, this is because we have to provide you with a “true” copy of the agreement to represent all the details that were in place at the time of entering the agreement.

I can neither prove or disprove what was said verbally to you in January 2012, or who you physically spoke with, I can confirm that Mr Tony Phillips and Mr Brian Locke were both employed by BAYV at that time.

As we didn’t receive any further emails or telephone calls from you regarding this matter in 2012 and you continued to pay your weekly terms, it was assumed that the matter was resolved.

I am sorry that you have had to bring this matter to my attention and again, I am sorry that this is perhaps not the outcome you had hoped for, however, the letter I sent to you yesterday is my final response letter, which you will need if you intend to seek advice from a 3rd party.

ME:

As I told you previously. The reason why I I didn't respond was because my father was ill and passed away. This lead to a relapse in my mental health condition. I could not cope with these matters back then.

I am fully capable of dealing with it now though, even though I suffer with the same condition.

It is not fair for you to assume that your employees version of events is accurate, because you don't even know which employee ( if any ) spoke to me and you can't provide evidence of this conversation either.

To assume that these conversations even occured is the same as calling me a liar.

Can you confirm if my refund has been issued today please.

your company has a bad reputation for taking advantage of people with difficulties and a simple Google search reveals countless complaints about hidden charges and add ons.

I am disgusted with bayv and all that you stand for.

Your companies actions are dishonest at best, and borderline illegal at other times.

Elaine:

I can confirm that your refund has been processed today and should be in your account on Friday 27th June.

Edited by scottay2hottay