Bayv - £770 in arrears? - **VIEWING GURANTEE + ALL INSURANCES + COMP REfunded WON through FOS**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please bear with me because I suffer from severe generalised anxiety disorder

and I am finding it very difficult to put my thoughts into a sentence.

I have been with buy as you view for around 5 years.

I have never missed a payment and

for the last four years I have been paying by direct debit.

My direct debit has been £9.80 for the last couple of years.

An agent for BAYV came to my home and told my girlfriend that I was £770 in arrears.

He said that he needed to put my direct debit up £18 because the payments of £9.80 "wasn't doing anything for my balance".

Because I wasn't home at the time, the BAYV agent said that he need to speak to me personally because I was the account holder.

The agent left my house and then returned 5 minutes later to tell my girlfriend that there was no need to speak to me now

and that the direct debit would increase automatically.

I decided to ring BAYV myself when I got home and I was told that the direct debit should have gone up 2 years ago

because I had an item on buy now, pay next year but there must have been a system error.

I told the agent that it wasn't my mistake that the payment didn't automatically increase and she agreed with me.

I am now waiting for a manger to contact me to offer me an explanation of what went wrong.

I sent a subject access request to this company because I had a feeling they have been ripping me off in more ways than one.

I received all the documents last week, and it has come to my attention that they have been charging extra "all sorted" insurance without my consent

and other insurances that I wasn't aware of.

£59.40 for "maintenance" for an Xbox kinnect camera.

The kinnect was paid for over a period of 52 weeks and came with a 12 month warranty so I don't see the need for that charge.

£188 "optional"cooker maintenance on top of £19.50 mandatory EPS cooker insurance.

£136 for a viewing guarantee. ( I don't even know what this is for)

£179 mandatory EPS insurance for a washer dryer.

(which broke down after a year and they refused to replace because EPS only covers theft and accidental damage)

I wasn't aware of most of these insurances until I received the documents for the subject access request.

And even when I received the requested forms, I couldn't make sense of most of it

because they only provided account numbers and not and explanation for which account number represented which item.

Can anyone offer me advice?

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks for listening.:roll:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow you are in for a payday then.

you can reclaim ALL of those

fill this in for the weekly amount of each one

CISheet v101.xls

put their int rate in cell d15

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also if you are concerned about them visiting your home, would you like to know how to make them stop?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387366-Harassment-amp-Threat-of-Doorstep-Visit-%28update-21.04.2014%29

You might want to add into the letter somewhere about your anxiety condition. That way if they continue to harass you at home you have them by the balls :)

Send recorded delivery or signed for and keep the receipt and tracker.

If you have problems with phonecalls there is the following letter too. That way you keep everything in writing.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387367-Harassment-by-Telephone-%28update-21.04.2014%29

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

hi, you have been given good advice above.

i just want to add my thoughts about the washer dryer that you state BAYV refuse to repair / replace - IMO you should be entitled to either a repair or replacement of this.

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

and FREE under SOGA

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank for your advice. This is my recent email conversation:

ME

After receiving the information following the subject access request I would like to raise the following concerns.

I am over £700 in arrears because bayv failed to amend my direct debit and therefore I believe that I have been paying more interest

on these items than I should be.

It has now come to my attention that I have been paying EPS and " all sorted " a number of items.

I did not require or ask for this insurance and neither was I made aware of it at any time.

It upsets me a lot to find out that I have been paying this insurance,

especially when I told you that the drying function of my washer/dryer had broken down last year

and you told me to ring the manufacturer because it wasnt your responsibility.

It is still to this day broken.

I believe that because have been charging me weekly for insurance that I did not want,

it has affected the amount of interest that I have been paying you.

On the 1st page of the sheet of paper with my payment history could you to explain what the item that listed in the my goods column is.

It is only referenced as "delisted stock" and "no stock number"

. What is this item and am I still paying for it?

Even though you have provided information for the accounts, it not clear to me which account number represents which product.

Could you please explain to me what each of these account numbers represents:

Buy as you view

Thank you for your email, please find below answers to your questions:

The arrears have been deferred on your account, I have been advised that you have been informed of this by your local account manager.

There was no All Sorted cover purchased on your Washer / Dryer, you have not been paying for this.

You have got a live EPS account which covers your item for accidental damage/theft

EPS accounts are compulsory if you do not have a valid home contents insurance policy.

We do not charge interest on these accounts as they are ‘pay as you go’ products

Please find below information detailing each account :

.. – Xbox Kinnect

.. – Beko Cooker

.. – Hotpoint Washer / Dryer

.. – Kindle Fire & Nintendo DS

.. – Xbox Kinnect Maintenance - This account is now settled

.. – Cooker Maintenance

..– Viewing guarantee - This account is now closed

..– EPS on Cooker

.. – EPS on Washer / Dryer

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of a further assistance

Kind regards

BAYV

ME

I have never asked for maintenance for any of the products that I have had from you so I demand a full refund for these payments.

I do have contents insurance for my home.

On the 1st page of the sheet of paper with my payment history could you to explain what the item that listed in the my goods column is.

It is only referenced as "delisted stock" and "no stock number". What is this item and am I still paying for it?

How come i am not paying for eps on the kindle fire and nintendo ds?

Buy as you view

Thank you for your reply. EPS is not available on personal shopper orders or any portable products.

Please may I request that you refer to your agreements to confirm that all sorted has been signed for on the selected items.

Please could you confirm the account numbers which are detailed as ‘delisted stock’ and no stock number so we may clarify.

Kind regards

BAYV

Me

May I request that you email me signed copies of my agreements in which I requested all sorted and EPS so I can cross reference them with my own.

Is it standard procedure to apply all sorted and EPS with out verbally informing the customer beforehand?

I have attached a copy of my statement which indicates the "delisted stock". It has no account number.

I have had no response from buy as you view for 5 days.

oh dear they've sunk themselves

the FOS will eat them for breakfast..

EPS accounts are compulsory if you do not have a valid home contents insurance policy.

there are NOT LAWS OR RULES

that say ANY HP goods MUST be covered by ANY insurance

and they

hello,

My thoughts are that you should have received the signed copies of your agreements in which you requested all sorted and EPS within your Subject Access Request.

They did not provide signed documents.

They only sent a letter stating:

We have enclosed true copies of all your agreements. The high court ruled that a true copy does not have to be a photocopy or an exact copy of the original. The lender is allowed to provide a reconstituted agreement, as long as that version is accurate and contains all the original information apart from the few exceptions that the law allows (which include the signature, signature box and date of signature).

Wow. I just had a reply from them:

Thank you for your email, I can confirm that the delisted stock refers to your viewing guarantee, this account is now closed.

We are currently in the process of retrieving the telephone calls that took place when you placed the orders, we will be in touch when we have this information available.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in the meantime if we can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards

BAYV

Wow. I just had a reply from them:

Thank you for your email, I can confirm that the delisted stock refers to your viewing guarantee, this account is now closed.

We are currently in the process of retrieving the telephone calls that took place when you placed the orders, we will be in touch when we have this information available.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in the meantime if we can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards

BAYV

And do they intend to refund any payments they might have taken for this item ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

get those spreadsheets done.

you are entitled to 8% stat int too

a you've been deprived of the money

dx

and they

It is a breath of fresh air to here some of your posts. I have posted my concerns at the moneysavingexperts forum and I must say the attitude seems to be a lot different over there. Most people think its my fault and I should just deal with it.

It is a breath of fresh air to here some of your posts. I have posted my concerns at the moneysavingexperts forum and I must say the attitude seems to be a lot different over there. Most people think its my fault and I should just deal with it.

Sorry to hear this, but it is something that has been mentioned before.

With regard to the spread sheet - you need to know what insurances you have been charged and at what rate - the spready is self explanatory in that it tells you where you need to input what figures/dates etc.

The spready automatically calculates the input data for you.. so need to be a math genius :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Xbox kinnect camera: £269

interest £60.65

Arrangement fee: £50.00

Total £380.64

On top of this they charged £50 for all sorted insurance

£10.32 interest on all sorted

£78 for viewing guaranteeTotal including insurance £518.96

52 weeks

Interest rate 41.00%

APR 104.60%

Beko Gas cooker: £399.99

Deposit: £40.00

total credit £359.99

Interest £142.33

Total £542.32

On top of this they have charged £140 all sorted

£55 interest on all sorted

£26 EPS

104 weeks

Interest 19.80%

APR 41.90%

Total including insurance £723.32

Hotpoint washer/dryer £529.99

interest £390.41

Total £920.40

Plus EPS insurance £318.24

156 weeks

interest rate 24.60%

APR 50.10%

Total including insurance £1238.64

Here's where it gets complicated for me

3DS and kindle fire HD £649.98

Total cash for all goods? £905.97

Total repayments outstanding under earlier agreement £267.87

Less charges not yet accrued £11.88

Total amount of capital under earlier agreement £2.55.99

Amount of additional credit under this agreement £649.98

Total amount of credit under this agreement £905.97

Interest £666.51

Total amount payable £1572.48

156 weeks

interest 24.50%

APR 50.00%

I don't think BAYV apply interest to EPS (equipment protection scheme) but they do charge interest on ALL SORTED insurance. Cheeky beggars

Edited by scottay2hottay

My payments made

Kinnect £379.44

Cooker £226.83

Washer dryer £269.70

Kindle fire/3ds £222.55

Kinnect maintenance £59.40

Cooker Maintenance £188.10

Viewing guarantee £136.85

EPS Cooker £19.50

EPS washer Dryer £179.52

Total amount paid £1681.89

I was short by £6 when one of the agents came to empty my coin meter in the first couple of weeks, after which he became abusive towards me because I couldn't pay the missing £6 there and then. Hence the reason I changed to direct debit and I havent missed a payment since.

They have been charging me for a viewing guarantee from 08/09/2011 until 16/01/2014 even though I had my coin meter removed on the 08/09/2011.

According to BAYV a viewing guarantee is to "ensure the meter is in use on a working television at all times to ensure payments are made and you are not left without a working television"

I did not have a coin meter therefore I did not need to be paying that for almost 28 months!

scottay, it seems that you have been paying quite a lot for many months, not just the 'viewing guarantee'

as advised previously, you should enter all the details into a spreadsheet to work out the total cost of your claim. if you are struggling doing this then post back and I am sure you'll receive further advice on what to do.

to me, the viewing guarantee in itself appears to be pointless. the meter on the television is the property of BAYV, also, BAYV are responsible for providing you with a working television. so, to me, this guarantee simply covers that payments are being made. however, that is just my opinion (which could be wrong) though that is the way i see it from what you describe.

you've been given good advice from others above and as said, if you need help with the spreadsheet for your claim just post back here.

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

Thank you so much for your reply. I haven't ever had a tv from BAYV, they just put a meter on my existing tv.

As for the spread sheet, I have tried to use it but I'm having great difficulty. I can upload all of my agreements if that's any help.

why are you finding the spreadsheet giff to use

1000's here have used it without issue.

tell us what is giving you problems with it

you really need to get them done

they must owe you £100's

dx

and they