style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That's my understanding Brig, hence the question.

Yep no grey area at all.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

So, since the latest sale of Pre98 loans have all been the remainder of the Mortgage loans

then Eruido are attempting to operate outside of the Original T&C's by telling people that they will now destroy their CRA file

if they don't sign up to their frankly breach of contract T&C's. .

...That is reason enough to not sign ....

...is it not?

NO action can and will be taken this "consortium" Erudio is very persistent and I believe will use all avenues available to recover these debts all of which appear to be genuinely owed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

You don't have to use/sign Erudio's form, there's nothing to stop people replying with their own letter. As long as you give enough evidence they can't really decline your deferral request (although reports are that they are writing back saying you must use the form). You definitely don't have to agree to any changes of t&c, like the CRA reporting they are trying to sneak in.

I've sent a letter with evidence (sufficent as far as I can tell), but am expecting them to ask for their form and more evidence. All their responses so far seem to suggest that they are being very stringent and want every angle covered to prove deferral eligibility. This obviously suits them, as in the meantime they will start taking payments - brace yourselves for that if you have a DD in place.

I've also read elsewhere that they have a 46 week backlog! If accurate (it could have been '4 to 6 weeks', misheard), then it'll be months before most of us get any sort of reply. At present it's taking them several weeks just to reply to emails, so the signs aren't good.

ffs. wiped my post...

ok.

I started uni in 97 and took my first loan in 98. My loans are all mortgage style, but being 98 onwards have different conditions to the loans taken in 97 and ealier. People who started in 98 have different loans that are repayed through the PAYE system.

98 and on, they can share details with CRAs IF you break the agreement.

97 and before, they can share details if they judge appropriate.

My understanding is that anyone with a loan taken in 98 or later will sacrifice rights by signing the fair processing note, or the deferement form. Details of loans taken earlier can already be shared with CRAs.

Also the sale of the loans to Erudio is covered by the sale of student loans act 2008, its not like a regular debt sale. I'm completely ignorant to most legal things, but imagine erudio are well covered by the legislation.

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

Another question about Erudio and student loans....

Background:

I posted back in May 2014 about the deferment of my three mortgage style students loans taken out from 1998-2001.

Like everyone I was annoyed that SLC loans were sold off and equally (removed) that they messed around with the deferment forms.

after a bit of a struggle I successfully deferred

. Also, I live in France - I've been working here for ten years.

Back in May 2015 I applied to defer again, but I never heard back from them.

at the end of June 2015,

I got a letter telling me I was behind on my payments.

To be honest I ignored it

- I had received a couple of letters telling I was behind on payments when I deferred the previous year

- so I figured it was much the same.

Then I get more of the same in January, but the is letter dated december 2015...

by this point it starts to become clear that there really is a problem

deferment was obviously not accepted.. why I don't know.

unfortunately I wasn't really on the ball and I let things slide.

Over the last 18 months the company I was working for was going under,

and with my wife we had a number of health problems.

The company, finally went bust at the end of May, and I am now unemployed.

the next thing I get from Erudio is a notice of default, dated the 24/05/16 which I didn't get until the 14/06/16...

. telling me I need to pay £3081 by the 21/06/16. Which I didn't have.

After receiving the default notice I frantically start going through all the paper for Erudio

and I send them an email on the 20/06/16 explaining my situation

and saying that I couldn't pay that amount.

I said I could pay around 1100 GBP and possibly a little more if they could wait until the end of the month.

I also asked for their bank details so I could make a transfer. They didn't reply.

on 06/07/16 I receive a "termination letter" (which they've dated 22/06/16) giving me 7 days to repay the totality of my loans, around £4400.

Obviously, I don't have that money and given the date I received the letter of termination it simply wasn't possible to pay within their 7 day deadline...

. Now I've had problems with letters from Erudio before

and they clearly pre-date the letters by a couple of weeks

- in some case I can prove that by comparing the date on the postage stamp

and the date on the letter

have repeatedly asked them to send all letters by recorded delivery, they never do...

sent them another email on the 06/07/16, forwarding the previous one they still haven't replied to

again I say that I wanted to make a payment and find a way to "resolve this situation",

but again I'm unemployed etc

also say that I specifically asked for their accounts details in my last email so I could make a payment

.again ask for their account details

.. I point out that i can't make a payment otherwise...

I also got a bit (removed about the fact they issued a termination letter apparently 2 days after I contacted them about making a payment.

.. but still haven't replied...

Question:

fun and games. That's was just the background,

sorry it's a bit long.

I am actually trying to play ball and pay as much as I reasonable can

. My question really, is what happens next?

What are they likely to do?

What can/ should I do?

Old and new threads merged

If you are never returning

I question why you are bothering.....

Think I said this last time?...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Dx cheers,

You did say to ignore them..

. I suppose I'm just worried about them hassling my family back in the UK

or turning up at my front door..

. But maybe I'm paranoid..

. You really think they won't come after me?

Hi Dx cheers,

You did say to ignore them..

. I suppose I'm just worried about them hassling my family back in the UK - how? They can't. Nothing to do with them & a DCA is NOT a bailiff

or turning up at my front door..- again they are not bailiff s no legal powers at all

. But maybe I'm paranoid..

. You really think they won't come after me?

Not a lot they can do in france

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...